SUNDAY'S "UFC(R) FIGHT NIGHT" ON FOX SPORTS 1
IS MOST-WATCHED MMA EVENT ON CABLE SINCE 2009
More Than 2.7 Million Watch; Viewership Peaked at Over 3.1 Million
UFC FIGHT NIGHT is No. 1 Show on Cable & No. 2 Non-NFL Program on TV
In Key Demos
New York - Sunday was an historic night for the UFC on FOX Sports 1.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT ON FOX SPORTS 1: MCGREGOR vs. SIVER on Sunday, Jan. 18 scored 2,751,000 viewers according to Nielsen, making it the most-watched MMA event ever on FOX Sports 1 and the most-watched MMA event on ad-supported cable television since the UFC's TUF Finale on Spike (12/5/09). Viewership for Sunday's FOX Sports 1 main event peaked in the final quarter-hour, from 12:00-12:15 AM ET, with 3,162,000 viewers. Additional highlights follow:
- On the day, UFC FIGHT NIGHT was the No. 1 show on ad-supported cable and the No. 2 show on all of television, outside of NFL programming, among M18-34, M18-49 and M25-54.
- FOX Sports 1 was the No. 1 network in ad-supported cable during the fight (10:00 PM-12:15 AM ET).
- Sunday was FOX Sports 1's third most-watched Sunday (6:00 AM-3:00 AM), averaging 522,000 viewers despite vicious competition form the NFC and AFC Championship Game broadcasts.
- Preceding the fight, the UFC preliminary card averaged 908,000 viewers, making it the second most-watched non-PPV prelims in FOX Sports 1 history behind the Rousey-Tate TUF Finale prelims in November 2013. Impressive, given direct competition with the AFC Championship Game broadcast on CBS. It peaked during the final quarter-hour (9:45 PM ET -10:00 PM ET) with 1,486,000 viewers.
- Post-fight, FOX SPORTS LIVE averaged 1,167,000 viewers from 12:15 AM ET-1:00 AM ET, making it the most-watched Sunday edition of the program all time.
- Sunday's UFC FIGHT NIGHT drove FOX Sports GO to its largest authenticated UFC audience ever, outperforming the previous high (10/4/14) by +59% in total unique visitors.