or


[02/10/15 - 08:31 AM]
ABC Wins Monday for the 3rd Week in a Row in Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for Monday, February 9.

[via press release from ABC]

ABC Wins 3rd Straight Monday - Bachelor Sets Another Season High and Castle an 11-Week High

ABC Monday Prime (8-11pm - 8.2 million and 2.3/7 in AD18-49): ABC won its 3rd consecutive Monday in Adults 18-49, beating runner-up CBS by 15% (2.3/7 vs. 2.0/6). Also for the 3rd week running, ABC's The Bachelor ranked as Monday's top-rated TV show in Adults 18-49, winning each of its half-hours. Gaining week to week (+10%), ABC equaled a Monday season high to tie its best performance on the night since April - since 4/28/14.

The Bachelor (8-10pm - 8.6 million and 2.7/8 in AD18-49): From 8-10pm, ABC's The Bachelor towered over back-to-back episodes of NBC's Celebrity Apprentice in Total Viewers (+83% - 8.6 million vs. 4.7 million) and Adults 18-49 (+108% - 2.7/8 vs. 1.3/4).

· The Bachelor was up for the 4th straight week in Total Viewers (+1% - 8.6 million vs. 8.5 million) and Adults 18-49 (+8% - 2.7/8 vs. 2.5/7) to once again deliver new season highs on both counts. In addition, the show topped its year-ago telecast (7.9 million and 2.3/6 on 2/10/14) in Total Viewers (+9%) and Adults 18-49 (+17%).

· In addition to leading the night in Adults 18-49, The Bachelor was Monday's #1 TV series for the 6th time in as many weeks with Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).

Castle (10-11pm - 7.4 million and 1.6/5 in AD18-49): At 10pm, ABC's Castle ranked #1 in Adults 18-49 (1.6/5-tied w/NCIS: LA), beating NBC's State of Affairs by 60% in Adults 18-49 (1.0/3). The ABC drama also won the hour in Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).

· Castle spiked 14% week to week in Adults 18-49 to an 11-week high - since 11/24/14.

Quick Take for Monday, February 9, 2015 (Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings)

ABC Wins Monday for the 3rd Week in a Row in Adults 18-49

"The Bachelor" Ranks as Monday's Top-Rated TV Show in Adults 18-49 For the 3rd Straight Week, Winning Each of its Half-Hours

Posting Four Consecutive Weeks of Growth, "The Bachelor" Hits New Seasons Highs in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49

Ranking No. 1 at 10pm, "Castle" Grows 14% Week to Week In Adults 18-49 to an 11-Week High

Monday Night (2/9/15) - ABC Total Viewer and Adult 18-49 Projections

"The Bachelor": Live + 3 = 10.5 million/3.2 rating and Live + 7 = 10.9 million/3.3 rating

"Castle": Live + 3 = 11.0 million/2.3 rating and Live + 7 = 12.0 million/2.5 rating

ABC Monday Prime (8:00-11:00 p.m. - 8.2 million and 2.3/7 in AD18-49):

ABC won its 3rd consecutive Monday in Adults 18-49, beating runner-up CBS by 15% (2.3/7 vs. 2.0/6). Also for the 3rd week running, ABC's "The Bachelor" ranked as Monday's top-rated TV show in Adults 18-49, winning each of its half-hours. Gaining week to week (+10%), ABC equaled a Monday season high to tie its best performance on the night since April - since 4/28/14.

"The Bachelor" (8:00-10:00 p.m. - 8.6 million and 2.7/8 in AD18-49):

From 8:00-10:00 p.m., ABC's "The Bachelor" towered over back-to-back episodes of NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" in Total Viewers (+83% - 8.6 million vs. 4.7 million) and Adults 18-49 (+108% - 2.7/8 vs. 1.3/4).

· "The Bachelor" was up for the 4th straight week in Total Viewers (+1%) and Adults 18-49 (+8%) to once again deliver new season highs on both counts. Additionally, the show topped its year-ago telecast (7.9 million and 2.3/6 on 2/10/14) in Total Viewers (+9%) and Adults 18-49 (+17%).

· In addition to leading the night in Adults 18-49, "The Bachelor" was Monday's No. 1 TV series for the 6th time in as many weeks with Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).

· ABC's "The Bachelor" continues to be the No. 1 most social broadcast program on Monday nights with 184,624 tweets, up +9% from last week's episode.

"Castle" (10:00-11:00 p.m. - 7.4 million and 1.6/5 in AD18-49):

At 10:00 p.m., ABC's "Castle" ranked No. 1 in Adults 18-49 (1.6/5-tied w/ "NCIS: LA"), beating NBC's "State of Affairs" by 60% (1.0/3). The ABC drama also won the hour in Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).

· "Castle" grew 14% week to week in Adults 18-49 to an 11-week high - since 11/24/14.

A note about DVR penetration: DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample is currently at 49% in U.S. TV Homes. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which are increasingly not reflected in the overnight Live + Same Day numbers. As a result, the Live + 7 Day ratings are the most accurate measure to gauge the size of the TV audience.

Source: The Nielsen Company, Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Program Ratings, 2/9/15. Nielsen Socialguide 2/9/15, Total Tweets +/- 3hrs during telecast.





  [february 2015]  
S
M
T
W
T
F
S


· APPRENTICE, THE (NBC)
· BACHELOR, THE (ABC)
· CASTLE (ABC)
· NCIS: LOS ANGELES (CBS)
· STATE OF AFFAIRS (NBC)





most recent ratings | view all posts
[02/01/23 - 01:25 PM]
Hallmark Channel's "New Year New Movies!" Programming Event Makes Network #1 in January
Notably, the event featured the latest trilogy of "The Wedding Veil" films.

[01/31/23 - 02:24 PM]
Netflix Top 10 Week of January 23: "You People" Took the Top Spot on the English Films List; Oscar Bump for "All Quiet on the Western Front"
Season 2 of "Ginny & Georgia" is holding on strong on the English TV List with 55.61M hours viewed.

[01/31/23 - 12:31 PM]
ABC News' "Nightline" Ranks No. 1 in Total Viewers and Adults 25-54 for the 2nd Straight Week
Season to date, "Nightline" is growing compared to the same point last season in Total Viewers (+8% - 913,000 vs. 842,000).

[01/31/23 - 11:32 AM]
"Tamron Hall" Grows Year to Year for the 14th Consecutive Week in Total Viewers
"Tamron Hall" ranks among the season's Top 5 highest-rated syndicated talk shows in Households (0.7 rating - No. 5 tie).

[01/31/23 - 10:32 AM]
Most-Watched Edition of "NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC" in Four Years
The ESPN-produced broadcast on ABC generated an average of 3.7 million viewers (3,691,000), peaking with 5,035,000 viewers from 11:15-11:30 p.m. ET.

[01/31/23 - 10:32 AM]
"Live with Kelly and Ryan" Builds Week to Week and Year to Year in Viewers
On average for the 2022-2023 season, "Live with Kelly and Ryan" is the No. 1 daytime talk show - network or syndicated - in Households (1.6 rating), Total Viewers (2.306 million) and Women 25-54 (0.6 rating).

[01/31/23 - 07:01 AM]
"The Last of Us" Grows to 6.4 Million Viewers Sunday Night
Four current HBO Original series now have cross platform audiences averaging more than 15 million viewers per episode.

[01/31/23 - 06:30 AM]
CBS Sizzles on Sunday Night with Massive Viewership, Led by Most-Watched NFL Conference Championship Game in Four Years
CBS delivered massive viewership on Sunday night with a total of 63 million viewers for its coverage of the AFC Championship Game and a post-game episode of hit drama "Fire Country," according to Nielsen national ratings.

[01/27/23 - 01:06 PM]
FOX's All-New Critically Acclaimed Drama "Accused" Delivers More Than 11 Million Viewers in Series Premiere
Additionally, it is FOX's highest-rated, most-watched and most-streamed drama debut in three years and FOX's second most-streamed drama launch ever, with 1.2 million viewers on Hulu and FOX NOW.

[01/26/23 - 07:59 AM]
"Tamron Hall" Grows to Its Most-Watched Week Since March 2021 and to Its Highest-Rated Week in Women 25-54 Since July 2021
"Tamron Hall" ranks among the season's Top 5 highest-rated syndicated talk shows in Households (0.7 rating - No. 5 tie).

[01/25/23 - 04:02 PM]
"Live with Kelly and Ryan" Builds Over the Prior Week in Both Households and Total Viewers
On average for the 2022-2023 season, "Live with Kelly and Ryan" is the No. 1 daytime talk show - network or syndicated - in Households (1.6 rating), Total Viewers (2.295 million) and Women 25-54 (0.6 rating).

[01/24/23 - 03:00 PM]
ABC News' "Nightline" Ranks No. 1 Across All Key Demos
On Monday (1/16/23), "Nightline" scored its strongest telecast in Total Viewers (1.213 million), Adults 25-54 (442,000) and Adults 18-49 (340,000) since September.

[01/24/23 - 01:38 PM]
Netflix Top 10 Week of January 16: "Ginny & Georgia" Is the Most Viewed Title This Week
"That '90s Show" debuted on the list with 41.08M hours viewed.

[01/24/23 - 12:58 PM]
NBC Sports' Presentation of Arsenal-Manchester United Is Most-Watched Premier League Match in U.S. History
Led by Peacock, NBC Sports set a record for a simulstreamed Premier League match, with an Average Minute Audience (AMA) of 510,000 viewers for Arsenal-Manchester United.

[01/24/23 - 11:25 AM]
ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Is Week's No. 1 Late-Night Talker in Adults 18-49, Beating NBC's "Fallon" and CBS' "Colbert" by More Than 20% Each
The Monday broadcast of "Kimmel" (on 1/16/23) was the No. 1 late-night telecast of the week among Adults 18-49 (584,000).