2015 February Sweep - ABC Primetime
(Based on Live + Same Day and/or Most Current Program Ratings)
ABC's Primetime Grows the Most During the 2015 February Sweep, Winning Monday, Thursday and Friday During the Month in Adults 18-49
The Net Airs 5 of the Top 15 Broadcast Series in February in Adults 18-49,
Including the Sweep's No. 1 10pm Series with "How to Get Away with Murder"
ABC Ranks No. 1 for the Month in the Monday-Friday 10pm Hour in Adults 18-49
2015 February Sweep (28 Nights Complete):
ABC finished as the No. 2 network during February in Adults 18-49 (2.0/6) to a Super Bowl-led NBC, outdelivering CBS by 11% (1.8/5) and Fox by 33% (1.5/5). Excluding sports, ABC ranked a solid No. 1 in Adults 18-49 (2.0/6) for the sweep, leading CBS by 11% (1.8/5), NBC by 25% (1.6/5) and Fox by 33% (1.5/5).
· ABC is Up the Most from February to February: ABC's primetime delivery was up the most among the broadcasters during the 2015 February Sweep, spiking 64% in Total Viewers (7.2 million vs. 4.4 million) and 67% in Adults 18-49 (2.0/6 vs. 1.2/3) from February 2014.
· Wins Each Thursday and Friday in February for First Time in 8 and 20 Years, respectively: On average, ABC ranked No. 1 on Monday, Thursday and Friday during the sweep in Adults 18-49. In fact, the Net won all 4 Thursdays of the February Sweep for the first time in 8 years and each Friday for the first time in 20 years - since 2007 and 1995, respectively. In addition, on average, ABC won Monday during the sweep in Adults 18-49 for the first time since 2009.
· Highest-Rated TV Series in February: Based on Nielsen's Most Current ratings to include all available TV playback, ABC claimed 5 of the Top 15 broadcast series during February in Adults 18-49, landing 4 in the Top 10: "Scandal" - No. 4, "Modern Family" and "How to Get Away with Murder" tie at No. 7, "Grey's Anatomy" - No. 9 and "The Bachelor" - No. 15.
· Wins the 10pm Hour in February with "HTGAWM" as the Top Show in Adults 18-49: In the 10 o'clock hour on Monday-Friday as a lead-in to affiliates' late-local news, ABC was the No. 1 network during February in Adults 18-49 (1.6/5) by double digits over CBS (+14% - 1.4/5) and NBC (+23% - 1.3/4). In fact, ABC's delivery was up 50% in the hour year to year, while CBS was up 5% and NBC dropped -67%. ABC's "Murder" was February's No. 1 10pm series in Adults 18-49.
· ABC's "The Oscars" is February's No. 1 Entertainment Telecast: In Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, ABC's "The Oscars" ranked as the No. 1 entertainment telecast for both the February Sweep and the 2014-15 season to date. In fact, it was TV's biggest entertainment broadcast in 1 year - since 3/2/14.
Source: The Nielsen Company, National Live + Same Day Program Ratings 1/29-2/25/15 vs. 1/30-2/26/14. TV Series Rankings based on Most Current Program Ratings. Individual telecast ranks, 10 o'clock rank and year to year comparisons based on Live + Same Day Program Ratings.