Ratings Highlights for Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - National Ratings
Spring Finale of "Pretty Little Liars" Soars to Over 1-Year Highs in Key Demos and Is Cable TV's #1 Most Tweeted Telecast of 2015 With Nearly 1.3 Million Tweets
"Pretty Little Liars" Remains One of Snapchat's Fastest-Growing TV Brands, Instagram's #1 Most Followed Scripted Series and Pinterest's #1 Scripted Series
"Pretty Little Liars"
Boasting season highs across all target demos, "Pretty Little Liars" delivered its #1 most watched telecast in over 1 year in Adults 18-34 (1.2 million/1.7 rating), Women 18-34 (1.0 million/3.1 rating) and Adults 18-49 (1.6 million/1.3 rating) and was the series' #1 regular telecast in 19 months in Women 18-49 (1.4 million/2.2 rating) - since 3/18/14 and 8/27/13 - ranking among the long-running series' Top 10 telecasts of all time in Women 18-49 (#7 out of 120 total). In addition, it was the show's most watched telecast in nearly 9 months in Total Viewers (2.6 million), Viewers 12-34 (1.8 million/1.9 rating) and Females 12-34 (1.6 million/3.4 rating) - since 6/10/14.
The "Pretty Little Liars" finale was Tuesday's #1 TV telecast across Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Viewers 12-34 and Females 12-34, and was cable TV's #1 telecast in Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49.
A true social media phenomenon, Tuesday's #1 most tweeted cable telecast in Prime each week, the "Pretty Little Liars" closer became the #1 most tweeted cable TV telecast of 2015 to date, amassing nearly 1.3 million tweets (48 share) by over 343,000 unique contributors, peaking at a nearly record breaking max rate of 36,000 tweets per minute. Featuring an all-day catch-up marathon, "Pretty Little Liars" accumulated a series record 2.2 million tweets for the day, from 563k unique contributors. Furthermore, a Twitter TV audience of 5.8 million unique users produced over 66 million impressions.
Jenn Deering Davis, Co-Founder of Union Metrics, said: "Pretty Little Liars once again showed why it holds the title as one of the most social shows on TV. As fans discussed the night's big reveal, PLL reached a nearly record-breaking 36k tweets per minute. The show sustained high levels of tweet activity throughout the day, as fans geared up for the finale, hitting a record high for the show. By the end of the day, more than 2.1M total tweets were posted about PLL."
· "Pretty Little Liars" accounts for the Top 5 most tweeted scripted cable TV telecasts on record, with 11 original episodes amassing over 1 million tweets.
· In less than three months since its January 5, 2015 Snapchat launch, "Pretty Little Liars" remains one of the fastest-growing social TV brands, accruing 815,000 followers to date and on pace to reach 1 million followers by its Season 6 launch this coming summer.
· On Instagram "Pretty Little Liars," which launched at the top of May 2014, is the #1 most followed scripted series with over 2.1 million followers, easily topping AMC's "The Walking Dead" (1.3 million) and Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black" (1.3 million). "Pretty Little Liars" is also the #1 scripted show on Pinterest.
· For the season (1/6/15-3/24/15), "Pretty Little Liars" stood as TV's #1 series in the hour in Women 18-34, Viewers 12-34 and Females 12-34 and was the #1 cable TV series in Adults 18-34 and Women 18-49.
· In fact, "Pretty Little Liars" ranked #1 in the hour for its 120th-consecutive original telecast in Females 12-34 - every telecast since its June 2010 series launch - 72nd in Adults 18-34, 79th in Women 18-34 and 83rd in Viewers 12-34.
· Based on available full-week DVR viewing numbers, "Pretty Little Liars" soars by nearly
1.0 million Total Viewers to 2.8 million (vs. 1.8 million) and adds over half-a-million key demo viewers to 1.7 million Adults 18-49 (vs. 1.1 million) and to 1.8 million Viewers 12-34 (vs. 1.1 million).
Source: NTI, 3/24/15, Live + Same Day. PLL L+7 ratings: 1/6/15-3/8/15; Social Media Sources: SocialGuide/Nielsen Twitter TV ratings.