Saturday Primetime Results:
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to updates for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC Sports 8-11:03 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey ranks #1 for the night in all key measures - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers. In fact, in these preliminary numbers, subject to adjustment, NBC is beating the combined primetime averages of ABC, CBS and Fox in adults 18-49 (1.3 vs. a combined 1.2).
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8-11:03 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey, featuring the Anaheim Ducks at the Chicago Blackhawks, dominated the night with a 3.27 rating, 6 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
· The 3.27 is a record rating for a non-Stanley Cup Final telecast on NBC since current coverage began in 2006.
· Last night's Stanley Cup Playoff hockey ranked #1 among the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters (with a 2.4 rating, 10 share from 8-11 p.m. in those 25 LPM markets), nearly doubling the combined ratings of ABC, CBS and Fox (2.4 vs. a combined 1.3).
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Cameron Diaz and musical guests Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars, averaged a 2.8 rating, 7 share in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 1.3/6 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· Versus the same night last year, "Saturday Night Live" is up +8% in both metered-market households (2.8/7 vs. 2.6/7) and 18-49 in the Local People Meters (1.3/6 vs. 1.2/5).
· The "SNL" rebroadcast is the #1 non-sports telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters, ahead of all primetime entertainment programs on those networks in that key measure.
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals this season growing by an average of +43% going from "live plus same day ratings" to "live plus seven day" in adults 18-49 (from a 1.86 rating to a 2.66).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.