Ratings Highlights for 2Q 2015 - Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Conquers All, Ranks #1 in 2Q in Total Viewers, Key Youth Demos in Total Day; "Teen Beach 2" Swells to #1 Cable TV Movie of 2015 in Total Viewers, #1 Cable TV Telecast in Nearly 2 Years in Kids 6-11 and Tweens
Disney Junior 24-Hour channel Reigns Over All Preschooler Networks
for 9th-Consecutive Quarter
For 2Q 2015, Disney Channel won Total Day against all cable channels, ranking #1 in Total Viewers (1.224 million) and was TV's #1 network across Kids 2-11 (614,000/1.6 rating), Kids 6-11 (419,000/1.8 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (407,000/1.7 rating) - marking the channel's 17th-consecutive quarter at #1 among Kids 6-11 (2Q11 to present) and the 25th-straight quarter at #1 among Tweens 9-14 (2Q09 to present) - powered by the premiere of original movie "Teen Beach 2."
For the first time and by its biggest margin ever, Disney Channel more than doubled Nickelodeon in Tweens 9-14 (+108% - 407,000 vs. 196,000), was ahead by its 2nd-largest margin on record in Kids 6-11 (+43% - 419,000 vs. 293,000). Moreover, this marked the first 2Q and 4th-straight quarter overall Disney Channel has defeated Nickelodeon in Total Viewers (+5% - 1.224 million vs. 1.166 million) - dates back to 2Q14.
In Primetime, Disney Channel is TV's #1 network for the 44th-consecutive quarter in Kids 6-11 (689,000/2.9 rating) and 67th-straight quarter in Tweens 9-14 (633,000/2.6 rating).
· Based on Live + Same Day ratings, Disney Channel Original Movie "Teen Beach 2" premiered as the #1 cable TV movie of 2015 to date in Total Viewers (5.8 million) and the #1 cable TV telecast in nearly 2 years in Kids 6-11 (2.5 million/10.4 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (2.2 million/9.2 rating).
· In its earliest ratings/rankings reporting window, other key indicators of success for "Teen Beach 2" are 821,000 video views on the authenticated WATCH Disney Channel service since June 19. Its soundtrack currently ranks #1 on iTunes Soundtrack chart and the movie itself has ranked #1 on iTunes TV Seasons chart since its debut. The premiere telecast (Friday, June 26) was the day's #1 most social program on Twitter.
24- Hour Disney Junior channel
The only preschooler network up year to year, the 24-hour Disney Junior channel ranked as TV's #1 preschooler network for the 9th-consecutive quarter in Total Viewers (516,000), Kids 2-5 (243,000/1.6 rating), Girls 2-5 (128,000/1.7 rating), Boys 2-5 (116,000/1.5 rating) and Women 18-49 (96,000) - every quarter since reporting public ratings at the top of 2Q13 - out-performing Nick Jr. and Sprout by double and triple digits.
2Q15 vs. 2Q14, Disney Junior channel was the only preschooler network to grow year to year in target categories, up by double digits across the board, including by 21% in Total Viewers (516,000 vs. 425,000) and by 19% in Kids 2-5 (243,000 vs. 204,000) versus double digit declines for Nick Jr. (-19%/-20%).
· Disney Junior channel delivered the Top 5 series across preschooler-dedicated TV networks for the 4th-straight quarter in Kids 2-5 and for the 3rd quarter in a row in Total Viewers:
· Disney Junior channel towered over Nick Jr. by its 2nd-largest margin on record in Total Viewers (+95% - 516,000 vs. 265,000) and Women 18-49 (+109% - 96,000 vs. 46,000), by its biggest margin ever in Girls 2-5 (+97% - 128,000 vs. 65,000), nearly doubled the key competitor in Kids 2-5 (+98% - 243,000 vs. 123,000) and was ahead by triple digits for the 3rd month in a row in Boys 2-5 (+100% - 116,000 vs. 58,000).
· Disney Junior channel out-performed Sprout its largest advantage to date and by triple digits for the 9th-consecutive quarter across target measures: Total Viewers (+320% - 516,000 vs. 123,000), Kids 2-5 (+386% - 243,000 vs. 50,000), Girls 2-5 (+457% - 128,000 vs. 23,000), Boys 2-5 (+330% - 116,000 vs. 27,000) and Women 18-49 (+269% - 96,000 vs. 26,000).
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings, most current, 2Q 2015: 3/30/15-6/28/15. Streaks include ties on rating. Pre-K ranks based on program data, all telecasts.