Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-national ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key measure - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, as well as total viewers -- in the fast-national ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of last night's Pittsburgh Steelers-Minnesota Vikings NFL Hall of Fame Game averaged a 6.9 rating, 12 share in metered-market households and NBC won the night in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and also ranked #1 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· The Vikings-Steelers Hall of Fame game on NBC posted 6.9/12 overnight, the best for an NFL preseason game on any network in nearly three years, since Aug. 26, 2012 (7.5 for Panthers-Jets on NBC).
· This is a +19% increase over last year's Giants-Bills Hall of Fame Game (6.9 vs. 5.8).
· Last night's telecast ties with NBC's first Hall of Fame game (Raiders-Eagles in 2006) for the network's highest overnight rating for a non-Dallas Cowboys Hall of Fame game to date.
· Top local ratings for the Steelers-Vikings matchup on NBC were: 1. Minneapolis-St. Paul 22.6/38; 2. Pittsburgh 19.6/32; 3. New Orleans 11.4/16; 4. Tulsa 10.4/17; 5. Albuquerque 10.2/18; 6T. Jacksonville 10.0/16; 6T. Richmond 10.0/15; 8. Las Vegas 9.9/19; 9. Dayton 9.8/16; 10T. Greenville 9.4/15; 10T. Nashville 9.4/15
· Note that the preliminary fast-affiliate results at 7 and 7:30 for encores of "Mr. Robinson" are not time zone-adjusted are subject to significant adjustment by Nielsen in official nationals.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.