Saturday Primetime Results:
· Regarding this morning's Nielsens, remember that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to revision for live sports telecasts.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of last night's Texas-Notre Dame College Football averaged a 2.56 rating in metered-market households from 7:30-11 p.m. ET in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, making it NBC Sports' highest rated Notre Dame opening game since 2008.
· Top local ratings for the Texas-Notre Dame matchup on NBC were: Austin (15.70), San Antonio (6.48), Indianapolis (6.15),Oklahoma City (6.11), Dallas Ft. Worth (5.22), Ft. Meyers (5.20), Tulsa (4.88), Houston (4.68), Dayton (4.60) and Las Vegas (4.42).
In Late-Night Metered-Market Results for Saturday Night:
· An encore "Saturday Night Live," with host Woody Harrelson and musical guest Kendrick Lamar, averaged a 2.3 rating, 6 share in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 1.0/5 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters, matching the show's highest 18-49 rating in the Local People Meters in 11 weeks (since June 20, with host and musical guest Blake Shelton, 1.1/6).
· Versus the same night last year, "SNL" was up +11% in 18-49 in the Local People Meters (1.0 vs. 0.9). It's the third week in a row "SNL" has topped the year-ago night in the LPMs.
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals this season growing by an average of +44% going from "live plus same day ratings" to "live plus seven day" in adults 18-49 (from a 1.84 rating to a 2.65).
NOTE: Primetime results are based on "fast affiliate time period" data from Nielsen Media Research. All ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.