Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key ratings measure - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers -- in the fast-affiliate ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of last night's New York Giants-Dallas Cowboys "Sunday Night Football" game averaged a 16.7 rating, 28 share in metered-market households and NBC won the night in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· The 16.7/28 for last night's Giants-Cowboys game on NBC it the top-rated "SNF" Sunday opener since 2012, up +11% versus last year (Colts-Broncos, 15.1/25).
· The 16.7/28 overnight beats the prior Giants-Cowboys "SNF" openers on NBC in 2013 (16.6/27) and 2007 (13.6/22).
· Combined with Thursday's 17.7 rating for the Steelers-Patriots game, NBC's "SNF" two-game NFL Kickoff Weekend average in the metered markets (17.2) is its second best ever, behind only a 17.3 in 2012.
· Top local ratings for the Giants-Cowboys game on NBC were: Dallas, 35.9/55; San Antonio, 28.5/45; Albuquerque, 24.5/37; Richmond, 24.4/37; Austin, 23.3/40; Norfolk, 21.4/33; Philadelphia, 20.4/32; New Orleans, 20.3/29; Tulsa, 20.0/30; and Las Vegas, 19.8/31.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.