ASTROS-ROYALS ALDS GAME 5 SETS NEW FS1 AUDIENCE MARK
Including FOX Deportes, Over 6 Million Watch as Royals
Advance to ALCS vs. Toronto
New York -- Game 5 of the Houston Astros-Kansas City Royals American League Division Series played last night at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, tallied 5,944,000 viewers on FS1, making it the most-watched telecast in the network's history, smashing the prior mark set by 2014 NLCS Game 4 between the San Francisco Giants and St. Louis Cardinals (5,092,000) by 17%. FS1's top three most-watched programs are now MLB postseason games: 2015 Astros-Royals ALDS Game 5, followed by 2014 NLCS Game 4 and 2014 NLCS Game 5 (4,891,000). Additional highlights follow:
Astros-Royals ALDS Game 5
· Building off the momentum of the Blue Jays-Rangers ALDS Game 5, initial tune-in to Astros-Royals was 5,038,000 viewers from 8:00-8:15 PM ET and peaked in the 10:30-10:45 PM ET quarter hour at 6,708,000 viewers.
· Astros-Royals Game 5 is up +9% in viewership compared to the last primetime ALDS Game 5 which came in 2013 (A's-Tigers, 5,445,000), with double-digit demo increases: Adults 18-34, +35%, A18-49, +20% and A25-54, +15%.
· Astros-Royals Game 5 delivered 146,000 viewers on FOX Deportes, making it the network's most-watched ALDS game this year. The game on FS1 and FOX Deportes combined to average 6,090,000 total viewers.
· Astros-Royals ALDS Game 5 on FOX Sports GO ranks as the fourth most-viewed game of all time with more than 90,000 unique streamers.
· Kansas City led all local markets, posting a 36.3 rating, followed by Houston (15.7), which are FS1 records in each market. Rounding out the top five are: Austin (5.4), Hartford (5.2) and St. Louis (5.1).
Rangers-Blue Jays ALDS Game 5
· Earlier in the day, Rangers-Blue Jays ALDS Game 5 proved to be the second most-watched weekday afternoon telecast in FS1 history with 3,199,000 viewers. The only weekday afternoon telecast on FS1 to beat it is 2014 Dodgers-Cardinals NLDS Game 4 (3,267,000 viewers).
· Rangers-Blue Jays ALDS Game 5 peaked at 5,796,000 viewers from 7:30-7:45 PM ET.
· Rangers-Blue Jays ALDS Game 5 is FOX Sports GO's most-viewed MLB game and the fourth most-viewed event of all-time on an authenticated basis with more than 119,000 unique streamers.
· The top five markets were: Dallas (10.9), Kansas City (5.7), Hartford (3.8), Buffalo (3.2) and Providence (3.2).
2015 ALDS Summary
· The 2015 ALDS on FS1 averaged 2,795,000 viewers, off 10% from the NLDS on FS1 last year (3,120,000). However, because FS1 had two additional games this year, total viewing of the LDS round on FS1 was up +20% (14.2 gross rating points this year versus 11.8 last year).
· Including both Wild Card games, the 2015 MLB postseason across all networks is averaging 4,048,000 viewers, +17% through the complete Division Series last year (3,449,000). This is the best postseason-to-date average through Day 7 of the Division Series since 2010 (4,294,000 viewers), which bodes well for the World Series on FOX.
· The 2015 LDS across TBS and FS1 has delivered 39.68 gross national household rating points to date, a 57% increase over the combined TBS-FS1 LDS output last year (25.26), with Game 5 of the Mets-Dodgers NLDS still to play.