IN THE METERED MARKETS, THE PATRIOTS-COLTS 'SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL' TELECAST IS THE TOP-RATED PRIMETIME NFL GAME VS. A MLB LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN 18 YEARS
IT'S THE BEST WEEK 6 OVERNIGHT IN NBC'S 10 YEARS OF 'SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL,' UP +26% VS. THE SAME NIGHT LAST YEAR
ALL SEVEN 'SNF' TELECASTS SO FAR THIS SEASON HAVE TOPPED THE COMPARABLE YEAR-AGO GAME IN THE METERED MARKETS
· Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for Sunday night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key ratings measure - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers -- in the fast-affiliate ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of last night's New England Patriots-Indianapolis Colts "Sunday Night Football" game averaged a 14.6 rating, 23 share in metered-market households from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. ET and NBC won the night in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· The 14.6 for the Patriots win over the Colts is the best Week 6 overnight in the 10 seasons of "SNF" on NBC and is up +26% from last year's Week 6 game (11.6/18 for Giants-Eagles)
· It's the top metered-market rating for an NFL primetime game vs. a Major League Baseball League Championship Series game in 18 years (since Redskins-Cowboys in 1997, 16.4 on ABC)
· In each of its first seven games this season, NBC's "Sunday Night Football" has been up versus the same game for the prior season in metered-market households. It's the first time in the 10-season history of "SNF" on NBC that each of the first six games has grown versus the prior year.
· In adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters, the Patriots-Colts "SNF" game on NBC posted an 8.7 rating, up +16% from last year's Week 6 game (7.5).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.