· Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for Sunday night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key ratings measure - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers -- in the fast-affiliate ratings.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports coverage of last night's Philadelphia Eagles-Carolina Panthers "Sunday Night Football" game averaged a 13.6 rating, 22 share in metered-market households from 8:30 to 11:45 p.m. ET and NBC easily won the night in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
· In each of its first eight games this season, NBC's "Sunday Night Football" has scored a metered-market rating of 13.0 or better, a first in the 10-season history of "SNF" on NBC.
· The 13.6/22 for last night's Panthers' victory is the best metered-market household rating for a Carolina primetime regular-season game in 18 years (since Dec. 8, 1997, Panthers-Cowboys, 16.3/25 on ABC).
· Top local ratings for the Eagles-Panthers game on NBC were: 1. Charlotte, 35.0/51; 2. Philadelphia, 30.7/46; 3. Greensboro, 25.4/38; 4. Richmond, 19.4/29; Greenville, 19.1/30; 6. New Orleans, 18.9/27; 7. Norfolk, 18.7/29; 8. Raleigh, 18.6/32; 9. Las Vegas, 17.9/29; 10. Denver, 17.8/29.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.