FOX 30-DAY MULTI-PLATFORM RATINGS:
SCREAM QUEENS PREMIERE JUMPS +130%, ADDS 5.2 MILLION FROM DELAYED VIEWING
GOTHAM AND THE LAST MAN ON EARTH PREMIERES SEE HEAVY STREAMING OVER 30 DAYS
SEASON TWO PREMIERE OF EMPIRE GROWS TO 25.2 MILLION
FOX 30-Day Non-Linear Audience For Premiere Week Up By +56% Vs. Last Season
Multiplatform data for broadcast Premiere Week over the first 30 days is now available, so we now have a much fuller picture of the total audiences drawn by our premiere episodes that week. Slides outlining the multi-platform lifts for several key shows (EMPIRE, SCREAM QUEENS, GOTHAM and THE LAST MAN ON EARTH) are attached - each by platform and by window - to demonstrate just how much audience our shows draw on non-linear platforms. A few highlights:
· FOX's 30-Day non-linear Average Audience for premiere week (original programs) was up +56% this year versus last (2.2 mil vs. 1.4 mil).
· Note - by "non-linear" we mean VOD (days 8+), Hulu and FOX NOW
· While this gain is largely attributed to having Empire on our fall schedule this year, it's still a good reminder of how audience behavior keeps shifting - and why we need to place more of our focus on delayed viewing when judging the performance of a show.
· FOX's large time-shifting audience is consistent with its younger-skewing audience: FOX has the youngest audience of any major broadcast network (46 vs. NBC: 52, ABC: 53, CBS: 57).
· In fact, FOX has six of the top 10 youngest-skewing shows on broadcast: (FAMILY GUY, SCREAM QUEENS, BOB'S BURGERS, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, THE SIMPSONS and EMPIRE)
· EMPIRE: Premiere grew +56% to an audience of 25.2 million - 9 million of which watched POST same-day
· There was significant viewing after the 3-day window -- the premiere episode added 2.9 million during days 4-30
· And overall, on Hulu and FOX NOW, the episode was streamed 3 million times during the first 30 days
· SCREAM QUEENS: Premiere episode audience jumped up by an incredible +130% to 9.2 million after 30 days of viewing.
· While the premiere drew and audience of 4.0 million, it added another 5.2 million after 30 days.
· With its young audience, SCREAM QUEENS saw heavy streaming for its premiere -- 2.2 million of those viewers watched on Hulu and FOX NOW
· GOTHAM: Premiere nearly doubled after 30 days, up +98% to 9.1 million viewers.
· A large portion of GOTHAM's post same-day audience streams the show: Over 30 days, TWICE as many people streamed the premiere episode versus watching on VOD (1.6 mil vs 0.8 mil)
· THE LAST MAN ON EARTH: Premiere audience jumped +119% to 6.8 million viewers - 3.7 million of which watched post same-day
· Very heavily streamed show -- more than THREE TIMES more people watched the premiere on Hulu and FOX NOW vs VOD (1.8 mil vs 0.4 mil) post same-day.