NBCSN SCORES BIG FINISH AT TALLADEGA
NASCAR Sprint Cup Race from Talladega Superspeedway Matches NBCSN's Second Highest-Rated Telecast Ever
NASCAR Playoff Elimination Race Posts 2.6 HH Rating and Averages 4.2 Million Viewers
STAMFORD, Conn. - October 27, 2015 - NBCSN's live telecast of NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from the legendary Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, Alabama led the network to match its second highest-rated telecast ever on Sunday, registering a 2.6 HH rating and averaging 4.2 million viewers. Viewership peaked from 5:30 - 5:45 p.m. ET with a 3.5 US HH rating and 5.8 million viewers as Joey Logano secured the win and cut the field of drivers battling for the Championship from 12 to eight.
NBCSN NASCAR Sprint Cup viewership highlights include:
· With a 2.6 national HH rating and 4.2 million viewers, Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup race from Talladega stands as NBCSN's second highest-rated telecast ever.
· Viewership peaked from 5:30 - 5:45 p.m. ET with a 3.5 US HH rating and 5.8 million viewers.
· With an average of 4.2 million viewers, the race ranks as NBCSN's most watched telecast in 4Q on record.
· In terms of digital consumption via NBC Sports Live Extra, the Talladega Sprint Cup race finished with 48K uniques and 3.2M live minutes across all platforms, the second best of the season on both metrics, behind only the July 5 Daytona race.
· Compared to the average of prior 2015 Sprint Cup races, uniques are up +40% and live minutes are up +44%.
NBCSN's Sprint Cup race from Indianapolis Motor Speedway in July stands as the network's highest-rated and most-watched telecast ever (3.0 HH and 4.7 million viewers).