No. 9 Notre Dame at No. 21 Temple is Highest-Rated College Football Game of Week 9; ESPN/ABC Televises 7 of 8 Highest-Rated Games, Across All Networks
· Fighting Irish vs. Owls Provides Record-Rating in Philadelphia
· ABC's Saturday Night Football Up Year-Over-Year
· ESPN Televises its Highest-Rated Noon Game of the Season
· ESPN Up Year-Over-Year in Numerous Windows
No. 9 Notre Dame at No. 21 Temple Sets Numerous Marks, Nationally and Locally
ABC's Saturday Night Football featuring No. 9 Notre Dame at No. 21 Temple ( 8 p.m. ET) garnered a 3.9 overnight rating, the highest-rated game of college football's week 9 across all networks. Locally, in Philadelphia, the much-antipated matchup earned a 18.1 overnight rating, making it the market's highest-rated regular season college football game on ABC, ever*. Additionally, Fighting Irish-Owls' 3.9 overnight represents a 26% increase over Saturday Night Football in week 9 of 2014 featuring Ohio State at Penn State.
No. 19 Ole Miss at Auburn Delivers on ESPN and WatchESPN
With Notre Dame at Temple setting the pace, ESPN/ABC televised seven of the eight highest-rated games of week 9 across all networks. No. 19 Ole Miss at Auburn registered a 2.6 overnight, making it ESPN's highest-rated noon game of the season and week 9's third-best college football game of the day across all networks. The matchup was up 18% to the ESPN noon game in week 9 of 2014 (Texas at Kansas State). On WatchESPN, the Rebels-Tigers matchups was the most-streamed game of week 9 with 70,000 average minute impressions in addition to the TV audience, 321,000 live unique viewers and 15,200,000 live minutes viewed -- up +108%, +94% and +131%, respectively, vs. the Wildcats-Longhorns of last year.
*Records Date back to 2004
**NOTE: WatchESPN data is preliminary and subject to change after further processing. Final numbers will be available this week.
Additional Week 9 Highlights:
· No. 12 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech (ESPN at 3:30 p.m.): 1.8 overnight, up 50% to same window in week 9 of 2014 (West Virginia at Oklahoma State)
· No. 8 Stanford at Washington State (ESPN at 10 p.m.): 1.6 overnight, up 33% from the same window in 2014 (Arizona State at Washington)
Final television numbers will be available this week