'SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE' DELIVERS ITS SECOND-BEST OVERNIGHTS IN 10 MONTHS
WITH HOST MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY AND MUSICAL GUEST ADELE, 'SNL' RANKS #1 FOR THE NIGHT ON THE BIG 4 AHEAD OF ALL PRIMETIME PROGRAMMING IN BOTH METERED-MARKET HOUSEHOLDS AND 18-49
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· The Nov. 21 telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Matthew McConaughey and musical guest Adele (4.6 rating, 12 share in households in the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, 2.3/11 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters) ranked as the #1 telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in metered-market households and 18-49 in the local people meters, outrating all primetime programs on those nets in both measures.
· These are the second-highest "SNL" results this season, behind only the Nov. 7 telecast (with host Donald Trump and musical guest Sia, 6.6/16 in metered-market household, 2.7/13 in 18-49 in the local people meters).
· This is the second-highest-rated "Saturday Night Live" in metered-market households in the past 10 months, best excluding the Nov. 7 Trump-hosted telecast since Jan. 24 (4.7/12, with host and musical guest Blake Shelton).
· In 18-49 in the local people meters, this is the second-strongest "Saturday Night Live" in the past year, best excluding the Nov. 7 "SNL" since Nov. 15, 2014 (2.3/10, with host Woody Harrelson and musical guest Kendrick Lamar), and last night's 2.3 equals the show's second-best 18-49 rating since Nov. 1, 2014 (2.4/12 with host Chris Rock and musical guest Prince).
· The Nov. 21 "Saturday Night Live" is up +15% versus the show's average for original telecasts last season in metered-market households (4.6 vs. 4.0).
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals nationally growing by +51% so far this season going from "live plus same day" ratings to "live plus seven day" ratings in adult 18-49 (from a 1.75 rating to a 2.65).
Saturday Primetime Results:
· The 2013 feature film "Free Birds" (0.5/2 in 18-49, 2.3 million viewers overall from 8-10 p.m. ET) ranked #1 in the time period among Big 4 programs in kids 2-11 (with a 0.7 rating).
· "SNL Vintage" (0.5/2 in 18-49, 2.2 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m. ET, with an encore of the Dec. 6, 2008 telecast of "Saturday Night Live" hosted by John Malkovich with musical guest T.I.) grew from its first half-hour to its second in adults, men and women 18-49; adults, men and women 25-54; and total viewers, despite the 10 p.m. hour.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.