INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY BEGINS 2016 AS THE #10 NETWORK IN PRIME IN AD-SUPPORTED CABLE
Network Jumps Seven Ranks vs. 2015 to Become #10 Network for Delivery of P2+
Investigation Discovery (ID) jumped ahead of the competition in January, beginning the New Year as the #10 network in prime for the delivery of total viewers (P2+) and the #8 network for HH and W25-54. Averaging more than 1.16M total viewers, this marked ID's best month ever in prime for P2+ and HH.
In total day delivery, ID ranked #2 for W25-54 (beaten only by HGTV), #5 for P25-54, #6 for HH and #8 for P2+.
Top series and specials for the month included Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda (averaging 1.975M P2+); Evil Lives Here (1.83M P2+); A Crime to Remember (1.68M P2+); Steven Avery: Innocent or Guilty? (1.58M P2+); Barbara Walters Presents American Scandals (1.55M P2+); Unusual Suspects (1.51M P2+); Real Detective (1.4M P2+); On the Case with Paula Zahn (1.36M P2+) and Vanity Fair Confidential (1.3M P2+).
ID also achieved several "best ever" milestones in January:
· Best week in network history (1/25-1/31) for delivery of P2+ (1.301 million), HH (1.06 million) and P25-54 (557k), beating the previous week's record (1/18-1/24).
· Best telecast in network history (Tuesday 1/12) - the premiere of Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda "City of Fear" at 10p delivered 2.068 million P2+.
· Best night ever (Tuesday 1/12) averaged 1.563M P2+
· Best series debut ever (Sunday 1/17) Evil Lives Here at 10p delivered 2.02M P2+
· Best special ever (Saturday 1/30) premiere of Steven Avery: Innocent or Guilty? at 9p delivered more than 1.58M P2+
ID continued to hold #1 length of tune in all of television for total day among P25-54 and W25-54, a position it's held for more than 4 years/16 quarters.
January '16 vs. January '15: Primetime Delivery (L+3 Day data)
P2+ +17% (1.162M vs. 989k)
HH +16% (951k vs. 823k)
P25-54 +8% (494k vs. 456k)
W25-54 +9% (324k vs. 297k)
P18-49 +7% (386k vs. 360k)
January '16 vs. January '15: Total Day Delivery (L+3 Day data)
P2+ +10% (806k vs. 731k)
HH +9% (687k vs. 632k)
P25-54 +7% (371k vs. 348k)
W25-54 +10% (250k vs. 228k)
P18-49 +6% (287k vs. 272k)
Source: Nielsen, 12/28/15-1/31/16, Prime (M-Su 8p-11p), Total Day (M-Su 6a-6a), L+3 Day data, Impressions (000), Time Period data for month averages and Ad-supported Cable ranks.