KIMBO SLICE - DADA 5000 DELIVERS 2.5 MILLION VIEWERS IN BELLATOR 149 O-FEATURE ON SPIKE TV
Bellator 149 Averaged 2 Million Viewers Making It The Most Watched
Bellator Event In Promotion History
Bellator 149 was the #1 Ranked Telecast For the Day With Men 18-34 in All of Television
New York, NY, February 22, 2016 - Bellator 149 shattered viewership records for Bellator MMA, averaging 2 million viewers for the entire 3-hour fight card on Friday, February 19 (9:00-12:04am ET/PT), peaking with Kimbo Slice's three-round brawl with Dada 5000 averaging 2.5 million viewers (11:16pm-11:30pm) and a 2.3 rating with Men 18-34. The main event featuring MMA legends Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock drew 2.4 million viewers (11:54pm-11:57pm).
The final numbers will be available Wednesday that will factor in DVR viewership.
Bellator ratings highlights on Spike include:
· Bellator 149 was #1 ranked telecast of the day with Men 18-34 in all of television (broadcast and cable).
· Spike ranked #1 ranked in all of television with Men 18-34, Men 18-49, Men 25-34, and Men 35-49 in the timeslot (9:00-12:00)
· Bellator 149 was #3 ranked telecast of the day in all of television with Adults 18-49.
· Most watched MMA telecast on Spike in nearly 5 years (3/26/11)
· The Spike/Bellator original special "Benson Henderson: Unrivaled" delivered 818,000 viewers at 12:00am ET/PT
Bellator 149 was a Digital/ Social Media hit as well:
· Bellator 149 drew the most people tweeting and number of tweets in cable TV during primetime on Friday.
· The Bellator 149 livestream drew 124% more views than the previous high (Bellator 138 Kimbo vs. Shamrock).
· Bellator 149 trended on Twitter throughout the telecast.
*The previous viewership record for a Bellator event was 1.6 million for Kimbo Slice-Ken Shamrock last June
Spike TV is available in 91.4 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV's Internet address is www.spike.com.