A SHOCKING DEATH AND AN UNEXPECTED KISS DRIVE TV LAND'S "YOUNGER" TO ITS MOST-WATCHED EPISODE EVER
SEASON TWO BOASTS IMPRESSIVE DOUBLE-DIGIT GAINS OVER SEASON ONE
New York, NY - March 28, 2016 - TV Land and Darren Star's critical darling "Younger" has reached new series highs in Live+3 after the highly-anticipated season two finale aired last Wednesday (3/23/16), netting 1.3 million total viewers. The median age of the audience for the Sutton Foster comedy is 12 years younger (46 years old) than TV Land's channel prime average, and four years younger than season one.
Other highlights include (all info Live+3):
· Compared to the season one average, "Younger" has seen double-digit growth among:
· Adults 25-54 (+70%) and Women 25-54 (+65%)
· Adults 18-49 (+64%) and Women 18-49 (+63%)
· Adults 18-34 (+35%) and Women 18-34 (+35%)
· Versus channel prime average, "Younger" has seen notable triple-digit gains among:
· Adults 25-54 (+179%) and Women 25-54 (+253%)
· Adults 18-49 (+255%) and Women 18-49 (+344%)
· Adults 18-34 (+336%) and Women 18-34 (+492%)
· VOD numbers have nearly tripled, with a dramatic increase of +195%, from 175,000 views in the first week of season two to over 516,000 in week 10.
· "Younger" has also tripled its followers on Instagram, doubled its following on Twitter and saw a +40% increase in Facebook fans from the end of season one to the end of season two.
· The show ranked #1 on iTunes Comedy Episode downloads two days after the season launch, and has been in the Top 10 every day since.
"Younger" follows Liza (two-time Tony(R) winner Sutton Foster), a 40-year old woman who pretends to be 26 in order to get a job in the highly competitive world of publishing - and succeeds. Now working under the prickly Diana (Miriam Shor), Liza has to figure out how to balance her real life with best friend Maggie (Debi Mazar), and her "pretend" life with her new crew - friend/coworker Kelsey (Hilary Duff) and fashion publicist Lauren (Molly Bernard). At the end of season two, Liza's secret took a tragic turn when Kelsey's fiancé Thad (Dan Amboyer) was killed in an accident right after he discovered her lie, and Liza's love life is in disarray as she tries to choose between on-again/off-again boyfriend Josh (Nico Tortorella) and her boss Charles (Peter Hermann), with whom she has an undeniable connection. Season three is set to shoot in New York this summer.
About TV Land
TV Land is the programming destination featuring the best in entertainment on all platforms for consumers in their 40s. Consisting of original programming, acquisitions and a digital portfolio, TV Land is now seen in over 98 million U.S. Homes.
Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 160 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land, SPIKE, T?3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach approximately 700 million television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom's blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.