"THE PEOPLE V. O.J. SIMPSON: AMERICAN CRIME STORY"
ENDS ITS EPIC RUN AS CABLE'S MOST-WATCHED NEW SHOW OF 2016
Universally Acclaimed Limited Series Averaging 12.6 Million Total Viewers
Across All Linear and Non-Linear Platforms
Time Spent Viewing To-Date:
143.9 Million Hours or 8.63 Billion Minutes (and counting);
or by the Equivalent Digital Measurement of "Views" - 259.0 BILLION Views
#2 Ranked Cable Series of 2016 in All Demos and Total Viewers
and Ranks as the #6 and #8 Rated Show Respectively in All of TV
in Delivery of Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49 in 2016
The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story Ranks as the
Most-Watched New Show in FX Networks' History in Total Viewers and All Key Demos
LOS ANGELES, April 12, 2016 - The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, television's most critically acclaimed new show of the year, concluded its 10-episode run as cable's most-watched new series of 2016 and it ranks among the top 10 programs in all of television in delivery of Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
According to The Nielsen Company, premiere-to-date, time spent viewing for The People v. O.J. Simpson equates to 143.9 million hours or 8.63 billion minutes. And for those who are wowed by exploding watermelons, other online video phenomena and the sheer enormity of the digital metric - a "view" - The People v. O.J. Simpson has delivered the equivalent of 259.0 billion (with a B) views AND counting!
Key highlights for The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story include:
· Inclusive of linear and non-linear viewing through the first 8 episodes, the limited series is averaging 12.6 million Total Viewers weekly. It is anticipated that this average will hold and likely increase with the inclusion of the final two episodes and the accumulation of non-linear viewing in the weeks and months to follow.
· On a Live+7 basis (through eight weeks, first-run), the series is averaging 7.5 million Total Viewers, 4.0 million Adults 18-49 and 1.9 million Adults 18-34.
· On Live+3, the series finale of The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story delivered 6.2 million Total Viewers and 3.3 million Adults 18-49, marking a six-week high in Total Viewers and five-week high in the demo.
· It is cable television's highest-rated new series this year in Total Viewers and all key demos and ranks #2 in 2016 among all cable series in Total Viewers and all key demos behind only The Walking Dead (AMC).
· On Live+7, the series ranks #6 in delivery of Adults 18-34 and #8 in Adults 18-49 among all primetime TV shows (broadcast and cable) in 2016.
· On Live+7, the series ranked as TV's #1 show on Tuesday (prime) in delivery of Adults 18-34, ranked #2 in Adults 18-49 and #3 in Adults 25-54.
· The People v. O.J. Simpson ranks as the most-watched new series in FX history in Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers.
· The series premiere was the most-watched original scripted series premiere in FX's 22-year history and, to date, has delivered 17.5 million viewers (and still counting) across all linear and non-linear platforms.
· Received a score of 90 on Metacritic, the highest score of any new show on TV in 2016 and the second highest score among all TV series (new or returning) in 2016 behind only FX's The Americans.
Source: Nielsen, Live+3/Live+7. Primary telecasts. Ranks based on 000s.
The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story is a limited series that takes you inside the O.J. Simpson trial with a riveting look at the legal teams battling to convict or acquit the football legend of double homicide. Based on the book The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin, it explores the chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the court, and how a combination of prosecution overconfidence, defense shrewdness, and the LAPD's history with the city's African-American community gave a jury what it needed: reasonable doubt. From Executive Producers Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson, Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski and Brad Falchuk, The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story stars John Travolta, Cuba Gooding Jr., Sarah Paulson, David Schwimmer, Courtney B. Vance, Sterling K. Brown, Nathan Lane, Kenneth Choi, Christian Clemenson and Bruce Greenwood. The limited series is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions.
FX is the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel of FX Networks, a business unit of 21ST Century Fox. FX Networks is comprised of FX, FXM and FXX. Launched in June of 1994, FX is carried in 92 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain, Tyrant and the upcoming Taboo; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story and the upcoming Trust; acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Archer, Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, Baskets and the upcoming Better Things and Atlanta. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy and Justified. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FX's roster of acquired hit series includes Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Mike & Molly.