"SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE" IS THE #1 TELECAST OF THE NIGHT ON ABC, CBS, NBC & FOX IN METERED-MARKET HOUSEHOLDS AND IN 18-49 IN THE LOCAL PEOPLE METERS
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· The April 16 telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Julia Louis-Dreyfus and musical guest Nick Jonas, averaged a 3.9 rating, 10 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and a 1.9/9 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· "Saturday Night Live" ranks as the #1 telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in both metered-market households and in 18-49 in the local people meters, ahead of all primetime programs on those nets in both measures.
· "Saturday Night Live" equaled its highest 18-49 rating in the local people meters since Feb. 13 (2.3 with host Melissa McCarthy and musical guest Kanye West).
· "Saturday Night Live" grew +5% versus the show's April 2015 average for originals in metered-market households (3.9 vs 3.7 for April 2015).
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals growing by +50% going from L+SD to L+7 in adults 18-49 (1.93 to 2.89) and +2.246 million persons in total viewers (6.348 million to 8.594 million).
Saturday Primetime Ratings:
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to updates for live sporting events.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8:30-11 p.m. ET telecast of "Premier Boxing Champions," featuring Errol Spence Jr. versus Chris Algieri, Krzysztof Glowacki versus Steve Cunningham and Marcus Browne versus Radivoje Kalajdzic, posted a 1.0 rating, 2 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.