In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· The May 7 telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Brie Larson and musical guest Alicia Keys, averaged a 4.1 rating, 10 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and a 1.9/9 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· Excluding the April 23 tribute telecast to Prince, last night's "Saturday Night Live" scored the show's highest metered-market household rating since Feb. 13 (4.4 with host Melissa McCarthy and musical guest Kanye West) and equaled its highest 18-49 rating in the local people meters, again excluding the April 23 tribute to Prince, since that Feb. 13 edition (2.3).
· "Saturday Night Live" rose +11% versus the show's May 2015 average for originals in metered-market households (4.1 vs 3.7 for May 2015) and was up +6% versus the May 2015 average in 18-49 in the local people meters (1.9 vs. 1.8).
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals growing by +50% going from L+SD to L+7 in adults 18-49 (1.87 to 2.80) and +2.171 million persons in total viewers (6.193 million to 8.364 million).
Saturday Primetime Ratings:
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to revision for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC Sports 8-11 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey ranks #2 from 8-10 p.m. in adults 18-49, total viewers and all other key measures among the Big 4 networks.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 7:15-10 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey, featuring the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Washington Capitals, scored a 2.69 rating in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
· The 2.69 rating in metered-market households is the highest for a first- or second-round Stanley Cup telecast to date on NBC (since 2006).
· The game did a 19.8 household rating in the Pittsburgh market, best for a Penguins game on NBC since the conference finals in 2013. The 7.7 rating in the Washington market was the best there for a Capitals game since 2012
"SNL Vintage," with an encore of the May 7, 2011 telecast of "Saturday Night Live" hosted by Tina Fey with musical guest Ellie Goulding, aired from 10:05-11 p.m. ET in the Eastern U.S. and currently available fast-affiliate ratings are subject to adjustment. As the preliminary numbers stand, "SNL Vintage" is averaging a 0.6/2 in adults 18-49 (a 0.64 rating in unrounded averages) and 2.1 million viewers overall. "SNL Vintage" currently ranks #2 in the time period among ABC, CBS and NBC in all key adult-male demos.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.