In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· The May 21 telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Fred Armisen and musical guest Courtney Barnett, averaged a 3.7 rating, 10 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and a 1.7/9 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· "Saturday Night Live" ranks as the #1 telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in both metered-market households and in 18-49 in the local people meters, ahead of all primetime programs on those nets in both measures.
· "Saturday Night Live" maintained +100% of the show's May 2015 average for originals in metered-market households (3.7 vs 3.7 for May 2015).
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals growing by +49% going from L+SD to L+7 in adults 18-49 (1.86 to 2.77) and +2.127 million persons in total viewers (6.184 million to 8.311 million).
Saturday Primetime Ratings:
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to revision for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC Sports primetime coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey is tied for #1 from 8-10 p.m. in adults 18-49, adults 25-54, men 18-49 and men 18-34 among the Big 4 networks and is currently #1 outright among those nets in men 25-54.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 7:15-10 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Playoff hockey, featuring the St. Louis Blues at the San Jose Sharks, scored a 1.71 rating in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
· "SNL Vintage," with an encore of the May 13, 1989 telecast of "Saturday Night Live," hosted by Wayne Gretzky with musical guest Fine Young Cannibals, aired from 10-11 p.m. ET. As the preliminary numbers stand, "SNL Vintage" is averaging a 0.5/2 in adults 18-49 and 1.8 million viewers overall. "SNL Vintage" currently ranks #2 in the time period among ABC, CBS and NBC in adults 18-49 and #1 in men 18-49 and men 25-54.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.