"EMPIRE" NO. 1 BROADCAST SERIES OF 2015-2016 SEASON
21.2 Million Total Viewers Total Multi-Platform Average Audience
Across All Linear and Non-Linear Platforms
Time Spent Viewing-To-Date:
627.2 Million Hours or 37.6 Billion Minutes (and counting);
or by the Equivalent Digital Measurement of "Views" - 1.1 TRILLION Views
#1 Ranked Broadcast Series Among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Social
EMPIRE will rank as the No. 1 broadcast show of the season among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and social. It also delivers FOX's largest Multi-Platform audience this season averaging 21.2 million Total Viewers in multi-platform audience to-date, up +80% from its Live + Same Day delivery. The series premiere-to-date, time spent viewing for EMPIRE equates to 627.2 million hours or 37.6 billion minutes. On a fun note, by the equivalent digital measurement, EMPIRE has delivered 1.1 TRILLION views and counting...
Key highlights for EMPIRE include:
· EMPIRE is the season's No. 1 broadcast entertainment program among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens.
· EMPIRE is the season's No. 1 program among African-American Adults 18-49, more than tripling its closest broadcast competitor, Scandal.
· EMPIRE retains 94% of its Adults 18-49 audience, 98% of Adults 18-34, and 95% of its Total Viewers versus last year, while up +10% in Teens.
· EMPIRE earns FOX's largest Multi-Platform audience this season. Season two averages 21.2 million Total Viewers in multi-platform audience to-date, up +80% from its Live + Same Day delivery (21.2 vs. 11.8 million).
· Averaging 4.8 million Total Viewers in non-linear audience to-date, EMPIRE also garners the largest non-linear audience for a FOX drama this season.
· EMPIRE delivers a diverse audience, surpassing its Total U.S. Adults 18-49 average in English-Speaking Only Hispanic (124 index) homes.
· EMPIRE is the No. 1 most talked about regular broadcast primetime entertainment TV show on Twitter (No. 1 in terms of tweets/episode).
Source: Nielsen NTI, 2015-16 Broadcast season (9/21/15-5/8/16 Live + 7 Day). Multi-Platform based on FOX Dashboard Total Multi-Platform Audience, P2+ AA, originals airing thru 5/8/16, non-linear viewing thru 5/21/16. Social Media based on Nielsen Social, 9/21/15-5/22/16, U.S. only (excluding sports, special, and political events). Series to date time spent based on Nielsen, Hulu, Rentrak, Xfinity and Adobe Analytics.