Sunday Primetime Ratings:
· Regarding Sunday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to revision for live sporting events.
· As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC Sports coverage of Stanley Cup Finals hockey is currently tied for #1 from 8-11 p.m. ET in adults 18-49 (1.5 each for Stanley Cup hockey and CBS's "Tony Awards"), with upward adjustments likely in official nationals for the live hockey coverage.
· NBC's preliminary 8-11 p.m. averages lead the night among the Big 4 in adults 18-49, adults 18-34, adults 25-54 (tie) and all key adult-male demos (note that "Dateline: On Assignment" from 7-8 p.m. ET was sustaining and is not included in NBC's nightlong averages).
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8-11 p.m. ET coverage of Stanley Cup Finals hockey, featuring the Pittsburgh Penguins at the San Jose Sharks, scored a 3.7 rating in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
· The Penguins' Stanley Cup-clinching Game 6 win on NBC is up +3% versus Game 5 on NBC Thursday night in metered-market households (3.7 vs. 3.6), up +19% versus Game 4 on NBC Monday, June 6 (3.7 vs. 3.1) and up +37% versus Game 1 on NBC on Monday, May 30 (3.7 vs. 2.7).
From 7-8 p.m. ET, "Dateline: On Assignment" was sustaining and its ratings will not be included in nightly or weekly averages.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.