OWN DELIVERS 2Q 2016 PRIMETIME GROWTH (+11% W25-54; +6% TOTAL VIEWERS) AND MOST-WATCHED WEEK IN NETWORK HISTORY
Network Delivers Record Ratings for Premiere of New Original Drama Series "Greenleaf"
LOS ANGELES - OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network finishes out 2Q 2016 with year over year growth in prime, up +11% in W25-54 (0.31 rating) and up +6% in total viewers (464,000) vs. 2Q 2015. Additionally, OWN recorded its most-watched week in network history (6/20/16-6/26/16) with an average of 799,000 total viewers in prime, bolstered by the two-night premiere of new original drama series "Greenleaf" and the season premiere of popular Tyler Perry drama "The Haves and the Have Nots;" both shows were the week's top two scripted telecasts on ad-supported cable among W25-54.
"Greenleaf" debuted to record ratings on 6/21/16 with over 3 million viewers, becoming the #1 series debut in OWN history. In L+3, "Greenleaf" reached over 5.5 million unique viewers over its two-night premiere (6/21/16 and 6/22/16).
Additional 2Q 2016 Stats:
· OWN was Tuesday night's #1 network on all of TV among African-American women and total viewers.
· Popular drama series "If Loving You is Wrong" from Tyler Perry ranked as Tuesday night's #1 original cable series among women and Tuesday night's #1 original series on all of TV among African-American women and total viewers.
· OWN was Friday night's #1 cable network among African-American women.
· Comedy series "For Better or Worse" from Tyler Perry ranked as Friday night's #1 original cable series among African-American women.
· OWN was Saturday night's #3 cable network among African-American women.
· "For Peete's Sake" and "Livin' Lozada" were Saturday night's top two original cable series among African-American women.
Source: The Nielsen Company
About OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com. For more information, please visit www.oprah.com/own.