Saturday Primetime Ratings:
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to revision for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, the 8-11 p.m. segment of NBC Sports' coverage of Sprint Cup Racing from Daytona ranks a dominant #1 in adults 18-49, total viewers and all other key measures among the Big 4 networks.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8:15-11 p.m. ET coverage of the Sprint Cup race from Daytona, scored a 3.3 rating in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
· NBC's 3.2 rating in metered-market households from 8-11 p.m. makes this the network's top-rated Saturday since Jan. 16 (NFL Playoffs, 19.5).
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· The July 2 encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with hosts Tina Fey & Amy Poehler and musical guest Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, averaged a 2.4 rating, 7 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research and a 0.8/5 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· "Saturday Night Live" ranks as the #1 non-sports telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in both metered-market households and adults 18-49 in the local people meters, ahead of all primetime entertainment programming on those nets, and #2 overall in both measures behind only NBC's primetime NASCAR coverage.
· The July 2 "SNL" is up +4% versus the show's July 2015 average in metered-market households (2.4 vs 2.3 for July 2015), despite this weekend's holiday distractions.
· Note that "SNL" adds significant viewership via time-shifting, with originals this past season growing by +49% going from L+SD to L+7 in adults 18-49 (1.83 to 2.72) and +2.090 million persons in total viewers (6.051 million to 8.141 million).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.