TV ONE SCORES #1 JUNE PRIMETIME PERFORMANCE
AMONG KEY DEMOS IN NETWORK HISTORY
Network Reached 23 Million Unique Total Viewers 2+ in June 2016
Also #3 Most Watched 2Q Primetime Performance in Network History
SILVER SPRING, MD - JULY 7, 2016 - TV One's second quarter programming drove the network to post its most watched June primetime performance among key demos (P2+, P25-54, W25-54) in its history. Led by the network's first-ever Unsung feature film Love Under New Management: The Miki Howard Story, docu-series Rickey Smiley For Real and its signature series Unsung, TV One reached 23 million unique total viewers 2+ last month - up 10% versus June 2015. In addition, TV One also achieved its #3 most watched 2Q primetime performance in network history and was the #6 Ad-Supported Cable Network in Primetime among AA P25-54.
Additional TV One 2Q16 ratings highlights include:
Love Under New Management: The Miki Howard Story (Premiere June 12)
· #1 TV One Original Movie Ever among HHLD, P25-54, W25-54, W18-49, P2+.
· #1 Ad-Supported Cable Telecast in Primetime among all Black key demos.
· #1 Most Tweeted Live or New Telecast on Ad-Supported Cable Entertainment.
· #1 Ranked Ad-Supported Cable Network among W25-54 and W18-49 and had a combined Reach of 2 Million Unique Total Viewers 2+ for the night.
Rickey Smiley For Real (S2 Premiere May 10, New Episodes Tuesdays, 8 p.m. ET)
· S2 is currently outpacing S1 across all total and Black key demos (HHLD: +25%, W25-54: +44%, W18-49: +31%, P2+: +29%, P25-54: +27%, P18-49: +21%).
Empire (Acquired Program Debut on May 14, Airs Thursdays, 8 p.m. ET)
· Memorial Day Weekend Marathon reached 5 Million Unique Total Viewers.
· TV One was #1 Rated Ad-Supported Cable Network among Black viewers 2+ (Sunday, May 29).
· TV One rated among the Top 3 Ad-Supported Cable Networks among Black viewers 2+ (Monday, May 30).
Unsung (Season 9 Premiere June 1, New Episodes Wednesdays, 8 p.m. ET)
· Season 9 Premiere ranked among the Top 3 Telecasts on Cable in Primetime among Black P25-54 and W25-54.
· Unsung "Kelly Price" Episode Reached 1.2 Million Unique Total Viewers 2+ (Wednesday, June 1).
· Unsung "Next" Episode #1 Most Social Cable Documentaries and Special Interests Series (Wednesday, June 8).
For more information on TV One's programming, visit the network's companion website at www.tvone.tv. TV One viewers can also join the conversation by connecting via social media on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook (@tvonetv) using the hash tag #Represent and catch clips and promos on TV One's YouTube Channel.
ABOUT TV ONE:
Launched in January 2004, TV One (www.tvone.tv) serves 57 million households, offering a broad range of real-life and entertainment-focused original programming, classic series, movies and music designed to entertain and inform a diverse audience of adult Black viewers. The network is the exclusive home of NewsOne Now, the only live daily news program targeting Black viewers. In December 2008, the company launched TV One High Def, which now serves 14 million households. TV One is solely owned by Radio One [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, www.radio-one.com], the largest radio company that primarily targets Black and urban listeners.