Friday Primetime Ratings:
Here are notes from NBC Sports covering Friday night's metered-market results...
· NBC's primetime Opening Ceremony (8-11pm) posted 17.2 overnight - tripling the other Big 4 nets combined (5.7 on ABC, CBS & FOX)
· NBC primetime (8-11p) posted 10.0 rating among Adults 18-49 in the local people meters - nearly 8 times other broadcast nets combined (1.3 on ABC, CBS & FOX)
· Overnight for NBC's coverage of Rio Opening Ceremony peaked at 19.0 from 10-10:15pm ET when Team USA marched in
· Last night, Team USA marched into Olympic stadium a full hour earlier than at 2012 London Olympics (11-11:15pm ET)
· Parade of Nations (2+ hours last night) was 30 minutes longer than in 2012
· Full Opening Ceremony on NBC (8-11:30pm) posted 16.5 overnight - best Friday overnight on any net since 2014 Sochi Opening Ceremony on NBC
· NBC Olympics presented first-ever stream of Opening Ceremony alongside telecast - generating 42 million minutes
· 42 million streaming minutes for Opening Ceremony is 2nd-best ever for NBC Olympic stream (U.S.-Canada hockey semi in Sochi)
· Estimated 7% bump from typical big-event time shifting + large digital audience = overall Opening Ceremony consumption expectations
· 4 of the 6 highest-rated U.S. markets for NBC's Opening Ceremony from Mountain & Pacific Time Zones (Denver, San Diego, Salt Lake & LA)
· Top local markets for NBC Opening Ceremony: West Palm 18.5/31; Denver 18.2/38; San Diego 17.8/37; Wash. DC 17.8/35; Salt Lake 17.3/36
· Locals for NBC Opening Ceremony (#6-10): Los Angeles 17.2/36; New York 17.2/32; Chicago 17.0/33; San Fran 17.0/36; Ft. Myers 16.5/27; Richmond 16.5/29
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.