Ohio State at Wisconsin Earns Highest Overnight Among All Sporting Events Across All Networks on Saturday, Oct. 15
· ABC's Saturday Night Football Earns Third Best Overnight of the 2016 College Football Season Across All Networks
· Buckeyes-Badgers Becomes a Top 5 Streamed Game of the 2016 Season on ESPN
· ABC Up Year Over Year in All Three Windows
ABC's Saturday Night Football featuring Ohio State at Wisconsin (8 p.m. ET) earned a 5.6 overnight rating, the highest overnight among all sporting events across all networks on Saturday, October 15. Overall, ABC earned three of the four highest college football overnights across all networks.
ABC's Saturday Night Football Highlights
The 5.6 overnight for the Buckeyes' 30-23 overtime victory is the third best overnight of the 2016 season across all networks. Additional superlatives:
· Up Year Over Year: The overnight is up 60% from last season's week 7 ABC Saturday Night Football game (Penn State at Ohio State).
· Overtime Brings Peak Audience: The game peaked with a 7.3 overnight when the Buckeyes-Badgers went to overtime (11:45 p.m. - midnight).
· Top 5 Streamed Game: The stream had an average minute audience of 156,000 viewers with a total of 679,000 viewers watching 38,695,000 minutes, a top 5 college football game in all three categories for ESPN this season.
Best College Football Overnights Across All Networks (2016 Season)
Rank Overnight Game Date Network Time (ET)
1 7.0 Notre Dame at Texas Sunday, Sept. 4 ABC 7:30 p.m.
2 6.0 Louisville at Clemson Saturday, Oct. 1 ABC 8 p.m.
3 5.6 Ohio State at Wisconsin Saturday, Oct. 15 ABC 8 p.m.
Additional Week 7 Highlights:
· NC State at Clemson (noon on ABC):
· 3.3 overnight, up 43% from last year's comparable week 7 window (regional action: Ole Miss at Memphis and Iowa at Northwestern).
· The game peaked with a 4.9 rating when the Wolfpack and Tigers were in overtime (3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. ET).
· Streaming audience had an average minute audience of 92,000 viewers, with a total of 508,000 unique viewers watching 22,093,000 minutes, up 66%, 72% and 78%, respectively, from the previously mentioned regional action from last season.
· Nebraska at Indiana and North Carolina at Miami (regionalized at 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC):
· 2.4 overnight, up 85% from comparable window last season (Oklahoma at Kansas State)
Please note: All ESPN streaming numbers are preliminary. Final numbers will be available this week.