FOX POSTS 15% YEAR-ON-YEAR GROWTH IN LIVE+35 MULTI-PLATFORM VIEWING FOR SEPTEMBER
Network Streaming on Hulu Reaches Record 1.1 Million
LETHAL WEAPON Ranks as FOX's Largest Fall Series Premiere in Two Years
EMPIRE Still Broadcast's #1 Drama for Third Straight Season
FAMILY GUY and THE SIMPSONS Register Largest Premiere Streaming Audiences Ever
BOB'S BURGERS Reaches All-Time High in DVR, VOD, Streaming viewership outside of Live+7
THE EXORCIST Delivers FOX's Best New Friday Scripted Premiere in 14 Years
FOX continues to deliver strong year-on-year growth in delayed viewing, posting an impressive +15% jump in Live + 35 Day multi-platform data for the month of September versus last year, while streaming of the network's current season entertainment programs on Hulu reached record levels, up +38% compared to September 2015.
The launch of FOX's new hit drama, LETHAL WEAPON, ranks as its biggest new Fall premiere in two years, delivering 13.7 million viewers, while THE EXORCIST delivered the network's largest premiere for a new Friday series in 14 years and SON OF ZORN lands as FOX's best comedy premiere this season. For the third straight season, FOX's hit EMPIRE remains broadcast television's #1 drama in Adults 18-49 Live+7. In addition, both FAMILY GUY and THE SIMPSONS secured their largest premiere streaming audiences ever and BOB'S BURGERS logged its largest 35-day audience in nearly three years and reached an all-time high in DVR, VOD, Hulu and FOXNOW viewership outside of Live + 7 measurement.
Live + 35 Day multi-platform highlights for FOX include:
· FOX's Live + 35-Day multi-platform average audience for September (entertainment programs) was up +15% this year versus last (7.7 million vs. 6.7 million).
· FOX September entertainment programs were streamed more heavily on Hulu than ever before - 35-day Hulu streaming grew +38% versus year-ago (1.1 million vs. 0.8 million).
· EMPIRE grew +74% to an average audience of 17.9 million over two episodes - 7.6 million of which watched POST same-day (10.3 million) - and remains broadcast television's #1 drama for the third straight year in Adults 18-49 Live+7.
· With three massive season openers, EMPIRE is the only FOX drama to open each of its first three seasons with more than 15 million viewers.
· Post-Live + Same Day playback is significant and viewership of EMPIRE's second episode grew from its premiere during days 1 through 35 (7.7 vs. 7.6 million).
· FOXNOW viewership also increased with episode two, up +14% versus EMPIRE's season premiere (265K vs. 232K).
· Overall in September, EMPIRE added an average of nearly 4 million viewers in DVR, VOD, Hulu and FOXNOW playback over 35 days.
· September episodes of LETHAL WEAPON averaged +70% in 35-day lift to 12.9 million - a gain of 5.3 million viewers from the first 35 days of playback (7.6 million).
· With 13.7 million viewers in Live + 35 Days, LETHAL WEAPON was the biggest Fall FOX debut in two years (since GOTHAM, 9/22/14).
· LETHAL WEAPON also earned the largest 35 day VOD audience for a FOX premiere this season - with over 700,000 viewers.
· Averaging 123,000 FOXNOW viewers over 35 days, LETHAL WEAPON is the biggest new FOX series on the platform this season.
· BOB'S BURGERS' season seven premiere more than doubled its Live + Same Day audience (2.6 million) over 35 days of multi-platform viewership, jumping +142% to 6.3 million -- the show's largest 35-Day audience in nearly three years (since 1/5/14).
· 3.0 million watched BOB'S BURGERS on DVR, VOD, Hulu and FOXNOW platforms outside of Live + 7 measurement over 35 days, marking a new all-time high for the show.
· FAMILY GUY, in its Season 14 return, more than doubled after 35 days, up +171% to 7.6 million viewers vs. 2.8 million same day.
· Its huge Hulu and FOXNOW streaming audience continues to grow -- 2.8 million watched on Hulu and FOXNOW over 35 days -- FAMILY GUY's largest streaming audience ever for a premiere.
· Hulu and FOXNOW streaming of FAMILY GUY's premiere outperformed last season's premiere (+22% vs. 2.3 million).
· THE SIMPSONS' 28th season debut grew +82% to a Live + 35-day multi-platform audience of 6.2 million compared to 3.4 million same day -- and its largest premiere streaming audience ever (1.7 million).
· SON OF ZORN's series premiere (9/11/16) Live + 35-day multi-platform audience of 7.7 million is the largest for a FOX comedy premiere this season.
· With a 35-day on-demand audience (across VOD, Hulu and FOXNOW platforms) in excess of 1.1 million viewers, its debut surpassed all of FOX's prior primetime animation debuts.
· NEW GIRL's average September audience jumped by an incredible +164% to 5.8 million after 35 days of viewing vs. 2.2 million Live + Same Day.
· NEW GIRL's second episode grew +5% in 35-day streaming audience from its premiere, with 2.0 million viewers catching up on Hulu and FOXNOW.
· SCREAM QUEENS more than doubled its September Live + Same Day audience, jumping +163% to 5.0 million after 35 days of viewing vs. 1.9 million same day average over two episodes.
· With its young audience, SCREAM QUEENS sees heavy playback outside of Live + 7, with nearly 2 million viewers catching up with Hulu, FOXNOW, VOD and DVR over 35 days.
· SCREAM QUEENS' second episode grew +9% versus its premiere in 35-day FOXNOW audience (132K vs. 121K).
· PITCH grew +88% on average over two episodes with Live + 35 days of multi-platform viewing to an audience of 7.5 million - a sizeable 3.5 million caught up after Same-Day.
· DVR playback outside of Live + 7 increased +43% for the second episode of PITCH (422K vs. 296K). FOXNOW audience also increased (+5%, 97K vs. 92K).
· THE EXORCIST's premiere accumulated an average audience of 6.1 million over 35 days of multi-platform viewing -- FOX's largest debut audience for a new Friday scripted series in 14 years (since "Firefly," 9/20/2002).
· HELL'S KITCHEN's Season 16 premiere grew +74% from Same Day to a Live + 35-Day multi-platform audience of 5.9 million.
· HELL'S KITCHEN was up from last season's opener in Live + 35-Day multi-platform audience (5.9 mil vs. 5.6 mil). On-demand viewership from VOD, Hulu and FOXNOW also increased (753K vs. 714K).