College Football Week 11: Michigan at Iowa on ABC's Saturday Night Football Earns Highest Viewership across all Networks
· ABC's Saturday Night Football Also Up Year-Over-Year and Won the Night across all Networks
· ESPN's Streaming Up in all Major Metrics Year Over Year
· ESPN Increases Viewership in Multiple Windows
ABC's Saturday Night Football featuring Michigan at Iowa (8 p.m. ET) was the most-watched game of week 11 across all networks as it delivered a total live audience (TV + streaming) of 6,539,000 viewers. The total live audience for Iowa's last-second, 14-13 victory was up 10% compared to 2015's week 11 Saturday Night Football game (Oklahoma at Baylor).
The TV audience for the Big Ten game (6,442,000 viewers) peaked at 10,021,000 viewers during the Hawkeyes' game-winning drive (11:15 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.) and led to the ABC being the most-watched prime time network across households, viewers and all key demos: men 18-34, men 18-49, men 25-54 and persons 18-34, persons 18-49 and persons 25-54.
Additional ESPN/ABC Week 11 Highlights:
· Streaming Audience Grows: Throughout all week 11, ESPN saw an increase in fans streaming its games, with average minute audience 7%, total unique viewers up 19% and total minutes up 7% compared to last season's week 11.
· Mississippi State at Alabama (noon on ESPN): A total live audience of 3,333,000 viewers, up 87% from last year's comparable game (Florida at South Carolina) and ESPN's most-watched noon game of the 2016 season.
· Ohio State at Maryland (3:30 p.m. on ESPN): A total live audience of 2,340,000 viewers, up 31% from last year's comparable game (Oklahoma State at Iowa State).
· Pittsburgh at Clemson (3:30 p.m. on ABC): A total live audience of 4,979,000 viewers, the third most-watched game window of the weekend across all networks. ABC's TV audience (4,926,000 viewers) peaked with 8,340,000 viewers during the game's final minutes (7:15 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) which culminated with a game-winning field goal by the Panthers.
· Regional Action: Penn State at Indiana or Baylor at Oklahoma (noon on ABC): delivered a total live audience of 3,778,000 viewers, most-watched noon game window across all networks.