HALLMARK CHANNEL WRAPS UP CHRISTMAS WITH
HIGHEST-RATED CABLE PROGRAM OF THE DAY AND WEEK
"When Calls the Heart Christmas" Averages a 2.9 HH Rating and 3.7 Million Total Viewers
New York, NY, December 28, 2016 - Hallmark Channel's seasonal countdown stole hearts on Christmas with the premiere of its latest original holiday movie becoming the number one household-rated program of the day and week, excluding news and sports. The December 25 debut of "When Calls the Heart Christmas" averaged a 2.9 HH rtg. and 3.7 million total viewers, while boosting Hallmark Channel to be the top destination on cable among Women 25-54 for the 9th consecutive weekend.
Other Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
· "When Calls the Heart Christmas" (Sunday, December 25) marks Hallmark Channel's highest-rated and most-watched "When Calls the Heart" movie, episode, or special among households and all key demographics.
· Original movie made Hallmark Channel the top cable network in the Sunday, 8-9:30 p.m. time period among HH, W25-54 and Total Viewer rating and delivery
· Premiere elevated Hallmark Channel to be highest-rated network in Sunday Prime Time among HHs and W25-54
· Boosted by "Countdown to Christmas," Hallmark Channel registered December as its most-watched month in network history among HHs and all key demos
· On Christmas night, "When Calls the Heart Christmas" trended on Twitter among the top 5 topics during its east and west coast premieres
Source: Nielsen, December 19-25, 2016; Nielsen Social Content Ratings.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks' flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 89 million homes. As the country's leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as "Good Witch," "When Calls the Heart" and "Chesapeake Shores"; annual specials including "Kitten Bowl" and "Hero Dog Awards"; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life's special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including "Countdown to Christmas," "Countdown to Valentine's Day," "Summer Nights," "Fall Harvest" and "Winterfest." Rounding out the network's diverse slate are some of television's most beloved comedies and series, including "The Golden Girls," "The Middle," "Last Man Standing," and "Frasier."
Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube