Ratings Highlights for April 18, 2017 - Live + 3 Day Ratings, Digital Ratings
LINEAR AND DIGITAL BINGE-VIEWING LAUNCH OF 'FAMOUS IN LOVE'
ADORNS OVER 10 MILLION MULTIPLATFORM VIEWS IN FIRST FIVE DAYS;
NEARLY 75% BINGE ENTIRE 10-EPISODE SEASON IN FIRST TWO DAYS
'PRETTY LITTLE LIARS' LAUNCHES FINAL SEASON AS TUESDAY'S NO. 1 TV TELECAST ACROSS KEY DEMOS AND NO. 1 MOST SOCIAL TV SHOW
"Famous In Love"
On the heels of its breakout success with the binge launch of "Beyond," Freeform has again satiated the appetite of its robust digital audience making available new Bella Thorne drama "Famous In Love" for binge-viewing across key platforms, generating a network-record 4.8 million starts in its first five days and reaching an additional 5.5 million Total Viewers on linear TV for a combined 10.3 million Total Views to date.
This impressively makes "Famous In Love" the strongest digital start ever for a series in the network's history, and when combined with "Pretty Little Liars," the week of 4/7/17 now ranks as Freeform's best week on Owned digital platforms in almost 4 years - since week of 8/26/13.
Fast-paced and a guilty pleasure from the opening scene, "Famous In Love" has quickly adorned a dedicated audience of binge aficionados. The first person to binge all ten episodes completed the season on April 19 at 3:29 a.m. EDT using the Freeform app on an iPad Air; while out of the people that have completed the binge, 11% watched it in one sitting, 39% watched it within a day and 72% watched it within 2 days. Moreover, an impressive 47% of "Famous In Love" viewers watching via the Freeform app/website were new to the network.
· Based on Live + 3 day linear TV ratings, "Famous in Love" (9:02 - 10:02 p.m. EDT) ranked as the network's biggest series launch in over 15 months across Adults 18-34 (309,000/0.4 rating) and Viewers 12-34 (497,000/0.5 rating) and across key target females Women 18-34 (259,000/0.8 rating), Women 18-49 (404,000/0.6 rating) and Females 12-34 (435,000/0.9 rating) - since "Shadowhunters" (1/12/16).
· Competitively, "Famous In Love" stood as Tuesday's No. 2 scripted cable TV telecast in Females 12-34 and the No. 2 original scripted cable TV telecast in Women 18-34 - behind only "Pretty Little Liars."
· In Live + 3 day versus Live + Same Day ratings, "Famous in Love" surged by double digits across target demographics including by +28% in Total Viewers (838,000 vs. 655,000), by +22% in Adults 18-49 (468,000 vs. 383,000) and by +21% in Women 18-49 (404,000 vs. 334,000).
"Pretty Little Liars"
The final season launch of "Pretty Little Liars" (8:00 p.m. EDT) stood as Tuesday's No. 1 TV telecast in Women 18-34 (696,000/2.0 rating), Viewers 12-34 (1.2 million/1.3 rating) and Females 12-34 (983,000/2.1 rating), the No. 1 cable TV telecast in Adults 18-34 (902,000/1.3 rating) and the No. 1 scripted cable TV telecast in Adults 18-49 (1.3 million/1.0 rating) and Women 18-49 (967,000/1.5 rating), and was easily the No. 1 most socially engaging TV show of the day with 13.1 million Total Engagements across Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter.
· "Pretty Little Liars" equaled its summer 2016 average across key target demographics, including Total Viewers (2.0 million), Adults 18-49 (1.3 million/1.0 rating) and Viewers 12-34 (1.2 million/1.3 rating).
· In Live + 3 day versus Live + Same Day ratings, "Pretty Little Liars" soared by double digits across key categories, including by +54% in Total Viewers (2.0 million vs. 1.3 million), by +54% in Adults 18-49 (1.3 million vs. 843,000) and by +39% in Viewers 12-34 (1.2 million vs. 865,000).
Part of the Disney|ABC Television Group, Freeform connects to audiences and goes beyond entertainment with bold original programming and immersive social engagement. The network delivers a unique mix of quality original and acquired series, plus fan favorite movies and the holiday events "13 Nights of Halloween" and "25 Days of Christmas." The Freeform app is a service that allows viewers with participating TV subscription services access to 24/7 live viewing of the network, as well as continued on-demand access via a wide array of devices.
Source: 1/2/17. Linear TV: NTI, Live + 3, excludes sports/news. Digital: Omniture/Freewheel. Reach: NPower, 1 min. Social Media: ListenFirst.