Final National Ratings for June 27, 2017 - Live + Same Day
'Pretty Little Liars' Signs Off Historic Run With Over 1-Year Highs and
Is the No. 1 Most Tweeted TV Episode of 2017 With 1.7 Million Tweets
The highly anticipated series' finale of Freeform's "Pretty Little Liars" hit a 1-year high in Total Viewers (1.4 million) and 18-month highs in Adults 18-49 (920,000/0.7 rating) and Women 18-49 (720,000/1.1 rating) - since 6/21/16 and 1/26/16, respectively - ranking as Tuesday's No. 1 cable telecast in the target Women demographic. The finale once again dominated Twitter, generating 1.7 million tweets globally to rank as the No. 1 most tweeted TV episode of 2017 to date.
A testament to its fans' insatiable social appetite, "Pretty Little Liars" was the No. 1 topic of the day across all key social media platforms as the catch-up marathon and 'pins and needles' finale amassed 4.9 million social engagements, nearly quadruple the engagements generated by any other TV network or program yesterday.
Also impressive, "Pretty Little Liars" was mentioned 2.0 million times across the platforms yesterday, notably more mentions than AMC's "The Walking Dead" (716,000 on 4/2/17) and HBO's "Game of Thrones" (1.7 million on 6/26/16) generated the day of their most recent season finales and 24 times more mentions than any other TV program. For the 2016/17 season to date (Oct. 2016-May 2017), "Pretty Little Liars" continues to be the No. 1 most social TV series with 213 million engagements, 64% higher than AMC's "The Walking Dead" (130 million).
· The final season of "Pretty Little Liars" (4/18/17-6/27/17) amassed 62.5 million social engagements overall to date, 11% more than any TV network on an overall level and 100% more engagements than the No. 2 TV program "America's Got Talent" (31.2 million) and 130% more engagements than HBO's "Game of Thrones" generated throughout its most recent season (26.7 million).
· "Pretty Little Liars" was the most talked about program throughout its season, generating 5.6 million social mentions, 28% more than the No. 2 TV show CBS' "Survivor" (4.4 million).
· During the most recent complete 2015/16 TV season, "Pretty Little Liars" was once again the No. 1 most social scripted TV series with over 270 million Total Engagements across Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter, close to 100 million more than the No. 2 scripted TV series, AMC's "The Walking Dead" (167.6 million).
· For its final season "Pretty Little Liars" ranked as cable TV's No. 1 scripted series in Adults 18-34 (842,000/1.2 rating), Women 18-34 (676,000/2.0 rating), Viewers 12-34 (1.1 million/1.2 rating) and Females 12-34 (895,000/1.9 rating) and was the No. 2 cable drama in Women 18-49 (947,000/1.5 rating).
Historic "Pretty Little Liars" Achievements:
· The series' August 27, 2013, season finale remains the network's No. 1 series telecast of all time in Total Viewers (5.1 million) and across all key target demographics: Adults 18-34 (2.2 million/3.3 rating), Women 18-34 (1.9 million/5.7 rating), Adults 18-49 (2.9 million/2.3 rating), Women 18-49 (2.4 million/3.8 rating), Viewers 12-34 (3.5 million/3.8 rating) and Females 12-34 (3.1 million/6.8 rating).
· "Pretty Little Liars" accounts for the Top 6 most tweeted scripted cable TV episodes in the platform's history:
Program Episode Date Tweets
Pretty Little Liars Now You See Me, Now You Don't 08/27/13 1,892,028
Pretty Little Liars The Lady Killer 08/28/12 1,618,528
Pretty Little Liars Game Over, Charles 08/11/15 1,614,007
Pretty Little Liars A dAngerous gAme 03/19/13 1,585,973
Pretty Little Liars A Is for Answers 03/18/14 1,453,689
Pretty Little Liars Who's in the Box? 01/07/14 1,335,408
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings, Live + SD. Series Ranks: Cable Prime, Originals Only, L+7. Social Media Sources: ListenFirst/NTTR/NCR. PLL Top 6 most tweeted telecast claim based on NTTR data through 7/31/16.