"YOUNGER'S" FOURTH SEASON MARKS HIGHEST-RATED AND MOST-WATCHED IN SERIES HISTORY
SHOW WINS TOP SPOT AS #1 ORIGINAL AD-SUPPORTED CABLE SITCOM WITH WOMEN
New York, NY - September 19, 2017 - More successful and buzzy than ever in its fourth season, TV Land's "Younger" achieved its highest-rated and most-watched season ever in series history, and is the #1 Original Ad-Supported Cable Sitcom with Women 18-49 and Women 25-54, year-to-date. The series saw its highest ratings of all time, scoring double digit percentage increases versus prior season in all of TV Land's key demos and total viewers, and #YoungerTV trended on Twitter every week. Additionally, the season finale episode, which aired Wednesday, September 13th, saw series highs with Adults and Women 18-49. (All Data is L+3). "Younger's" record-breaking season mirrors a similar trend for TV Land, as the network has seen 10 consecutive months of year-over-year growth and, pacing +17% versus year ago, is experiencing the highest year-over-year growth out of any top 20 non-news cable network (L+SD, Total Day, Quarter-to-Date, P25-54).
Further incredible highlights from season four of "Younger" include:*
· Highest-ratings ever in all key demos and total viewers on a Live, Live + SD, and Live +3 basis:
· In Live +3, season ratings saw double-digit increases, with a .85 in Adults 25-54 (+31% vs prior season); 1.31 with Women 25-54 (+31%); .72 with Adults 18-49 (+32%); 1.13 with Women 18-49 (+31%); and 1.3 million total viewers (+29%).
· "Younger" saw 2.1 million full episode starts on TVLand.com and the TV Land app, the highest in-season consumption in series history.
· #YoungerTV trended on Twitter every Wednesday night for each of the 12 weeks that new season four episodes premiered.
· New Facebook Live aftershow "Getting Younger" generated over 2 million video views throughout the season, and, on average, reached almost half a million Facebook users each week.
· Average weekly engagement with "Getting Younger" was nearly 5x stronger than the average engagement with Facebook posts for Younger's prior season.
· Season four had a median age 10 years younger than TV Land's 4Q 17 (to date) primetime viewer average.
· The season finale episode, "Irish Goodbye," scored series highs with a .82 with Adults 18-49 and a 1.30 with Women 18-49.
Created by "Sex and the City's" Darren Star, "Younger" stars two-time Tony(R) winner Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar, Miriam Shor, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann and Molly Bernard. "Younger," which was recently renewed for a fifth season on TV Land, also has an extensive global footprint and is distributed in over 155 countries and territories worldwide.
*(All Data is L+3 unless otherwise noted).
About TV Land
TV Land is the programming destination for consumers in their 30s and 40s, with hit original series and acquisitions on-air, on TVLand.com and on the TV Land app.
Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, SPIKE, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, CENTRIC, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributer of filmed entertainment. Paramount Television develops, finances and produces programming for television and other platforms.
For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom's blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.