SEASON SIX PREMIERE OF HALLMARK CHANNEL'S HIT ORIGINAL SERIES "WHEN CALLS THE HEART" LANDS TOP SPOT AS #2 ORIGINAL SCRIPTED SERIES OF THE WEEK
Ranks as #3 Original Scripted Series on Cable in 2019-to-date
New York, NY, March 1, 2019 - Hallmark Channel continues its remarkable ratings momentum, capping off February with a standout performance from the Season Six premiere of hit original scripted series "When Calls the Heart". The program ranked as the #2 original scripted series of the week, only behind AMC's "The Walking Dead", and marks the #3 original scripted series on cable in 2019-to-date. On a Live +3 basis, the program delivered a 2.9 Household rating, 3.1 million Total Viewers, and 449,000 Women 25-54.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+3)
Sunday, February 24 - "When Calls the Heart" Season Six Premiere
· Averaged a 2.9 Household rating, 3.1 million Total Viewers, and 449,000 Women 25-54
· Ranked as the #2 original scripted series of the week and marks the #3 original scripted series on cable in 2019-to-date, among Households and Total Viewers
· Ranked as the second highest-rated and most-watched program of the day among Households and Total Viewers
· Elevated Hallmark Channel to be the highest-rated and most-watched cable network during Weekend Prime among Households and Total Viewers and during Weekend Total Day among Households
· Episode marks the highest-rated and most-watched "When Calls the Heart" season premiere in series history among Households, Women 18-49, and Total Viewers
· Program reached over 3.6 million unduplicated total viewers
In the "When Calls the Heart" season six premiere, "Phone Rings and Heartstrings," the town of Hope Valley adjusts to the changing times - while still maintaining the small-town bonds that connect them. After taking time off to care for her new baby, Elizabeth (Erin Krakow) returns to teaching but soon realizes she needs more support than she could have imagined. Abigail (Lori Loughlin) prepares for the arrival of the telephone to Hope Valley.
Source: Nielsen, February 18 - February 24, 2019
 Among Households and Total Viewers.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks' flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 85 million homes. As the country's leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as "Good Witch," "When Calls the Heart" and "Chesapeake Shores"; annual specials including "Kitten Bowl" and "Hero Dog Awards"; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life's special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including "Countdown to Christmas," "Countdown to Valentine's Day," "Summer Nights," "Fall Harvest" and "Winterfest." Rounding out the network's diverse slate are some of television's most beloved comedies and series, including "The Golden Girls" and "Frasier."
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube