FOX CLAIMS PREMIERE WEEK'S OVERALL #1 ENTERTAINMENT, UNSCRIPTED, COMEDY AND NEW UNSCRIPTED SERIES IN LIVE+7 DAY RATINGS
THE MASKED SINGER, THE SIMPSONS, ALTER EGO and 9-1-1 Power FOX to Win Premiere Week for Third Consecutive Year
OUR KIND OF PEOPLE Ranks as Season's #1 New Program among Black Adult 18-49 Viewers
OUR KIND OF PEOPLE and THE BIG LEAP Double Multiplatform Viewership
· FOX opened premiere week 21/22 with the:
· #1 Entertainment program (THE MASKED SINGER)
· #1 Unscripted program (THE MASKED SINGER)
· #1 Comedy (THE SIMPSONS)
· #1 new series among Black A18-49 (OUR KIND OF PEOPLE)
· #1 new Unscripted series (ALTER EGO)
· #1T Drama (9-1-1)
· Excluding sports, FOX (0.96 L7) ranks #1T for 2021 Premiere Week in A18-49 Live +7 ratings, marking a third consecutive premiere week win for FOX Entertainment.
· #1t FOX (0.96 L7)
· #1t NBC (0.96 L7)
· #3 CBS (0.79 L7)
· #4 ABC (0.66 L7)
· FOX also ranked #1 in A18-34 for its third consecutive year.
· For the first time in its history, FOX had the #1 entertainment show on four nights of Premiere Week
· Monday: 9-1-1
· Wednesday: THE MASKED SINGER
· Thursday: THE MASKED SINGER
· Sunday: THE SIMPSONS
· THE MASKED SINGER was Premiere Week's #1 entertainment program for three years in a row.
· This marks the first time in television history an unscripted program ranked as Premiere Week's #1 entertainment series for three consecutive years.
· It's also the first time in more than a decade any entertainment series ranked #1 for three years in a row during Premiere Week (since Grey's Anatomy, Fall'08 to Fall'10).
· FOX had the #1 program on Wednesday of Premiere Week (THE MASKED SINGER) for the seventh consecutive year.
· 9-1-1 (1.5 L7, up +88% from Live + Same Day) was the #1T scripted telecast of Premiere Week (tied Chicago PD).
· Season Six marks 9-1-1's second most-streamed season premiere ever in a 7-day window, totaling 2.4 million viewers across Hulu and FOX NOW.
· 9-1-1 totaled 11.3 million viewers in 7-day P2+ multiplatform audience, setting a new series record +122% gain vs. L+SD.
· For two straight years, THE SIMPSONS was the #1 comedy during premiere week, joining The Big Bang Theory, The Office, Friends and Seinfeld as the only other comedies to do so over the past 30 years.
· The season premiere of THE SIMPSONS (1.2/8 L7) ranked as Sunday's #1t entertainment program (tied with Big Brother).
· ALTER EGO is the season's #1 most-watched (3.6 million P2+ L7) and highest-rated (0.8 A18-49 L7) unscripted debut.
· ALTER EGO ranked #3T among all new broadcast and cable debuts during premiere week (ties NCIS: Hawaii and Ordinary Joe).
· For the first time in network history, FOX had Thursday's #1 entertainment program (THE MASKED SINGER, 1.5/11 L7) of Premiere Week.
· Excluding post-NFL, THE MASKED SINGER was FOX's most-watched Thursday unscripted series telecast in more than five years (since 4/7/16, American Idol).
· The season premieres of THE GREAT NORTH (0.7 L7, 2.0 million P2+ L7) and FAMILY GUY (0.9 L7, 2.3 million P2+ L7) delivered their highest rated episodes in more than eight months (since post-NFC). Additionally, the premiere of BOB'S BURGERS (0.8 L7, 2.0 million P2+ L7) delivered its highest-rated and most-watched episode in more than nine months.
· Across 7-day streaming, FOX's animation saw gains from year ago season premieres with BOB'S BURGERS (1.4 million Hulu + FOX NOW) +6% and FAMILY GUY (1.8 million Hulu + FOX NOW) +19%
· In total multiplatform, both BOB'S BURGERS (3.5 million P2+ multiplatform) and FAMILY GUY (4.0 million P2+ multiplatform) more than doubled their respective L+SD.
· Debuts of OUR KIND OF PEOPLE (3.1 million, +90%) and THE BIG LEAP (2.9 million, +96%) each doubled their L+SD audience in 7-day multiplatform.
· With its season five premiere, THE RESIDENT (0.9/6 A18-49 L7, up +80% vs. L+SD) posted its highest rating in nearly four months and was FOX's most-watched (5.3 million P2+) Tuesday entertainment telecast in nearly five months (since THE RESIDENT, 4/27/21).