'SINGLE DRUNK FEMALE' SCORES FREEFORM'S MOST-WATCHED COMEDY SERIES DEBUT IN OVER FOUR YEARS
· On the heels of the network's highest-rated series ever, "Cruel Summer," Freeform's debut of "Single Drunk Female" scores the network's biggest comedy premiere in more than four years with over 2.4 million multiplatform viewers in its first seven days available.*
· The pilot episode of "Single Drunk Female" was the most-watched Freeform comedy series premiere on Hulu, and the second-best performance overall for a Freeform series premiere on the platform, only behind "Cruel Summer."
· "Single Drunk Female" currently rates 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and has been a critical favorite, with HuffPost calling the show "...heartfelt and achingly funny." The Washington Post noted "Single Drunk Female" is "... fantastic..." and "...instantly charming..." and The Wrap rated the series "AA+."
· The series follows 20-something alcoholic Samantha Fink, who, after a public flame-out at a New York media company, is forced to seize the only chance she has to sober up and avoid jail time: moving back home with her overbearing mother, Carol. Back in Greater Boston, Samantha restarts her life, working at the local grocery store while surrounded by all of the triggers that made her drink in the first place. Confronted with remnants of her old life, including run-ins with her perfect former best friend, who is now dating her ex, Samantha sets out on a path to move past her worst self and figure out her best self. Kinda.
· In tonight's episode, Sam faces her hardest challenge yet: avoiding alcohol on St. Patrick's Day when Brit gives her the chance to rekindle a friendship. James teams up with Mindy to track down his lost keys while battling his own St. Patrick's Day temptations.
· "Single Drunk Female" stars Sofia Black-D'Elia, Ally Sheedy, Rebecca Henderson, Sasha Compère, Lily Mae Harrington and Garrick Bernard. The series comes from 20th Television and is written and created by Simone Finch ("The Connors"), who executive produces along with Jenni Konner ("Girls," "Camping"), Daisy Gardner ("Silicon Valley," "The Goldbergs"), Phil Traill ("Good Girls"), Nora Silver and Leslye Headland. Headland ("Russian Doll" and "Star Wars: The Acolyte") directed the pilot.
· Follow "Single Drunk Female" (#SingleDrunkFemale) on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
*Source: Internal multiplatform ratings, average minute audience across linear TV, Hulu, Freeform app/site and set-top box VOD in the first three days available. Freeform launched in January 2016.
Freeform's distinct brand of coming-of-age programming helps to position it as the No. 1 primetime cable network in entertainment among Adults, Women and Men 18-34 in the 2021/2022 TV season to date. Connecting to audiences with its bold original programming and immersive social engagement, Freeform channels the force and momentum of its young adult audience in its quest for progress with authentic, groundbreaking original series such as Emmy(R)-nominated "grown-ish," "Good Trouble," "Motherland: Fort Salem," "Single Drunk Female" and "Cruel Summer," which was the No. 1 new cable drama of 2021 among Women 18-34. Last year, Freeform aired four of the Top 15 scripted cable original series among Women 18-34 - more than any other network, with "grown-ish" ranking as cable's No. 1 live-action comedy series of the year in the demo.