Ratings Report for Sunday, March 27, 2022
(National Live+Same Day Program Ratings)
94th Oscars(R) on ABC Attracts 16.6 Million Total Viewers and Hits 3.8 Rating With Adults 18-49
Show Skyrockets Over Last Year's Broadcast by 73% in Adults 18-49
'The Oscars' Stands as Highest-Rated Entertainment Special
in Primetime With Adults 18-49 in Two Years
Telecast Is No. 1 Primetime Entertainment Program of the Season
Special Drives 22.7 Million Social Interactions
to Become Most Social Oscars Telecast Ever
"The Oscars(R)" (8:00-11:19 p.m. - 16.6 million and 3.8/28 in AD18-49):
The 94th Oscars on ABC attracted an average audience of 16.6 million Total Viewers and delivered a 3.8/28 among Adults 18-49 based on National Live+Same Day program data.
· "The Oscars" skyrocketed over last year's broadcast (on 4/25/21) by 58% in Total Viewers (16.6 million vs. 10.5 million) and by 73% in Adults 18-49 (3.8/28 vs. 2.2/15).
· The 94th Oscars stood as the highest-rated entertainment special in primetime on any network in two years among Adults 18-49 (3.8/28) - since ABC's broadcast of the 2020 Oscars on 2/9/20.
· ABC's 2022 telecast of "The Oscars" ranked as the No. 1 primetime entertainment program of the season to date in both Total Viewers (16.6 million) and Adults 18-49 (3.8/28).
· The 94th Oscars was the strongest awards show telecast in two years in both Total Viewers (16.6 million) and Adults 18-49 (3.8/28) - since ABC's broadcast of the 2020 Oscars on 2/9/20.
· The 94th Oscars drove 22.7 million total social interactions, spiking 139% over last year's broadcast (9.5 million) to become the most social Oscars telecast on record.
· "The Oscars" ranked as the No. 1 most social entertainment program of the year to date and the year's No. 2 most social telecast overall, behind the Super Bowl LVI.
· "The Oscars" stood as the No. 1 entertainment program of the year in terms of social video consumption, with 16.0 million video views across Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Source: The Nielsen Company, National Live+Same Day Program Ratings for 3/27/22, 2022 (1/1-3/27/22) and 2021-22 season (9/20/21-3/27/22), unless stated otherwise. Talkwalker Social Content Ratings (formerly Nielsen Social), linear episode-level interactions, U.S.-based activity, English-language programs only, excludes sports, 3/27/22.