HALLMARK CHANNEL'S SIGNATURE COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS STUNT PREMIERES TO #1 MOST-WATCHED NETWORK AND PROGRAMS ALL WEEKEND LONG
October 24, 2023, NEW YORK - Countdown to Christmas, Hallmark Channel's highly anticipated annual programming event, dominated the ratings charts over its kickoff weekend with three all-new original movies each premiering as the #1 most-watched entertainment cable program on Friday (Checkin' It Twice), Saturday (Where Are You, Christmas?), and Sunday (Under the Christmas Sky) among key demographics. Proving its title as the leading destination for holiday programming, Hallmark Channel earned the #1 entertainment cable network spot in Weekend Total Day and Weekend Prime among key demos, along with being named the #1 entertainment cable network of the week in Total Day.
There are many more gifts in store for fans as Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas, sister channel Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' Miracles of Christmas, and streaming service Hallmark Movies Now's Movies & Mistletoe will continue premiering its 42 all-new original holiday movie premieres every weekend through December 31.
Highlights include (L+SD):
· Countdown to Christmas's kickoff weekend secured the top three most-watched entertainment cable programs of the week among Households, Women and Persons 18+, and Total Viewers
· The three all-new original movies each premiered as the #1 most-watched entertainment cable program on their respective dates, among the following demos:
· Checkin' It Twice on Friday - Households; Women 18+, 18-49, 25-54; Persons 18+; Total Viewers
· Where Are You, Christmas on Saturday - Households; Women 18+, 18-49, 25-54; Persons 18+, 18-49, 25-54; Total Viewers
· Under the Christmas Sky on Sunday - Households; Women and Persons 18+; Total Viewers
· Hallmark Channel was crowned the #1 entertainment cable network in Weekend Total Day among Households, Women and Persons 18+, and Total Viewers
· Network achieved the #1 entertainment cable network spot in Weekend Prime AND #1 of the week in Total Day among Women 18+
*Source: Nielsen L+SD Program based data; Strict Daypart Span; 10/16/23-10/22/23; Program ranks excludes News & Sports; Network ranks exclude News & Sports networks; Networks that share feeds are weight averaged to daypart based on duration; L+SD Unduplicated P2+ audience across HALL & 3 Premieres from 10/20-10/22/23, 6 min qualifier.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Hallmark Media's flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country's leading destination for quality, feel-good entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network's lineup of signature original content includes movies, primetime scripted series, and specials. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate holidays, seasons, and life's special moments, Hallmark Channel is home to a host of annual programming events, including the highly successful Countdown to Christmas, which has become a pop culture phenomenon and a beloved holiday tradition for millions of viewers. Rounding out the network's slate are some of television's most classic comedies and series, including The Golden Girls, Frasier, and Reba.