[03/13/17 - 07:42 AM] Video: truTV Announces Season One Celebrity Contestants and Debuts First Trailer of New Series, "Talk Show the Game Show" Celebrity contestants in the series first season will include Chelsea Handler, Maria Bamford, Wanda Sykes, Moby, Ana Navarro, Bridgett Everett, Kelis, Margaret Cho, Kyle Kinane, Wendi McLendon-Covey, and Julie Klausner, among others.
[via press release from truTV]
truTV Announces Season One Celebrity Contestants and Debuts First Trailer of New Series, "Talk Show the Game Show"
Here's what we'll spend the next few paragraphs telling you, in handy bullet form for easy skimming:
· truTV's new mashup comedy series Talk Show the Game Show, created and hosted by Comedian Guy Branum, premieres Wednesday, April 5 at 10pm ET/PT.
· Celebrity contestants in the series first season will include Chelsea Handler, Maria Bamford, Wanda Sykes, Moby, Ana Navarro, Bridgett Everett, Kelis, Margaret Cho, Kyle Kinane, Wendi McLendon-Covey, and Julie Klausner, among others. Full list below.
· You can check out the season one trailer of the series at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nHxj7qkBA.
· Talk Show the Game Show is produced by Push It Productions with Wanda Sykes, Page Hurwitz and Branum serving as executive producers.
Comedian Guy Branum (The Mindy Project, Chelsea Lately) looks to bring a little sparkle to TV talk shows with his new mashup comedy series Talk Show the Game Show premiering Wednesday, April 5 at 10pm ET/PT on truTV. Based on Branum's popular live comedy show, the 16-episode, half-hour series is a boisterous combination of two beloved television formats that pits celebrities against each other to vie for the title of "Best Guest of the Night." Each week, guests come to play, not plug, as they compete in various talk show-inspired challenges on the only talk show that literally counts. Check out a sneak peek of the fun at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nHxj7qkBA.
Branum serves as host and master of ceremonies and the series' fabulous comedic panel of judges include Emmy Award-winning writer Karen Kilgariff and author and journalist Casey Schreiner. The judges roast the contestants along the way and ultimately award or deduct points based on their performances. Those who will bravely take a seat on Branum's field of battle are:
John Salley vs. Tiffany Haddish vs. Dan Bucatinsky
Wanda Sykes vs. Scott Adsit vs. Pandora Boxx
Maria Bamford vs. Ben Roy vs. James Adomian
Diablo Cody vs. Moby vs. Arden Myrin
Tim Bagley vs. Rashad Jennings vs. Beth Stelling
Margaret Cho vs. Paul Feig vs. Ed Weeks
John Early vs. Ana Navarro vs. Kate Flannery
Utkarsh Ambudkar vs. Aparna Nancherla vs. Jon Daly
Tracey Wigfield vs. TJ Lavin vs. Oscar Nunez
Nicole Byer vs. Kyle Kinane vs. Julian McCullough
Fortune Feimster vs. Adam Cayton-Holland vs. Alice Wetterlund
Bridget Everett vs. Kelis vs. Josh McDermitt
Wendi McLendon-Covey vs. Jonah Ray vs. Michelle Buteau
John Ross Bowie vs. Aasif Mandvi vs. Phoebe Robinson
Julie Klausner vs. Moshe Kasher vs. Rhea Butcher
Chelsea Handler vs. Maurice Jones Drew vs. Nikki Glaser
The Rules of Talk Show the Game Show:
Contestants can score points by:
· Telling an anecdote; Getting a laugh from the audience; Mentioning a city and getting applause from the audience; Using a euphemism in place of a curse word; Flirting with the host; Flirting with the judges; Name dropping; Drinking alcohol on stage; Political grandstanding; Giving a gift to the host; Flashing the host; Doing a spit take; Lying about/obscuring their age; Doing an impression; Singing; Making the host cry; and Making the audience go "awwww."
The following are grounds for sanction during play:
· Failure to respect the host; Failure to respect the audience; Showboating; Steamrolling; Excessive name dropping; Being boring; Excessive agreement; Being underdressed; Being overdressed; Not knowing things a person should know; Pomposity; Ass-kissing; Mispronunciation; White Male Fragility; Murder; and Delay of game.
The series is produced by Push It Productions with Wanda Sykes, Page Hurwitz and Branum serving as executive producers.
Seen across multiple platforms in 90 million households, truTV delivers a fresh and unexpected take on comedy with such popular original series as Impractical Jokers, Billy on the Street, The Carbonaro Effect, Adam Ruins Everything, Hack My Life and Fameless, as well as the original scripted comedy Those Who Can't. And the fun doesn't stop there. truTV is also a partner in airing the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.
truTV is part of Turner, a Time Warner company. Turner creates and programs branded news; entertainment; kids and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.