[02/23/18 - 04:40 PM] Video: First-Look of John Legend Rehearsing from "Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert" The production will air live Easter Sunday, April 1 at 8 pm ET/PT in front of a large audience at the Marcy Armory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York.
[via press release from NBC]
MEDIA ALERT: FIRST-LOOK OF JOHN LEGEND REHEARSING FROM "JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE IN CONCERT"
ALERT - "JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE IN CONCERT" PROMO
· NBC has unveiled its first-look of John Legend rehearsing from "Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert." The production will air live Easter Sunday, April 1 at 8 pm ET/PT in front of a large audience at the Marcy Armory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, N.Y.,
· NBC's highly anticipated special event "Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert" will be an exuberant concert staging of this iconic rock opera. The production stars John Legend as Jesus Christ, Sara Bareilles as Mary Magdalene, Brandon Victor Dixon as Judas, Alice Cooper as King Herod, Ben Daniels as Pontius Pilate, Norm Lewis as Caiaphas, Jin Ha as Annas, Jason Tam as Peter and Erik Gronwall as Simon Zealotes.
· "Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert" will be executive produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice, Marc Platt, Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, John Legend, Mike Jackson, Ty Stiklorius and Alex Rudzinski.
· The production will be helmed by esteemed British theatre director David Leveaux ("Nine"). Among the creative team are Emmy Award-winning live television director and executive producer Alex Rudzinski ("Hairspray Live!," "Dancing With the Stars"), Emmy- and Tony Award-winning costumer designer Paul Tazewell ("The Wiz Live!," "Hamilton"), Grammy Award-winning music producer Harvey Mason Jr. ("The Wiz Live!"), musical director Nigel Wright ("Jesus Christ Superstar" world arena tour), production designer Jason Ardizzone-West ("Adele Live in NYC") and choreographer Camille A. Brown ("Once on This Island").
· "Jesus Christ Superstar" is based on the final week of Jesus' life. The album hit #1 on the Billboard charts and made its way to the stage in 1971. The 1971 musical opened at the Mark Hellinger Theatre on Broadway and starred Jeff Fenholt as Jesus and Ben Vereen as Judas. It was nominated for five Tonys, including Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical for Vereen. Lloyd Webber won a Drama Desk Award for Most Promising Composer.
[05/15/18 - 01:00 PM] Video: Trailers of ABC's New Series Get your first look at "The Rookie," "Whiskey Cavalier," "Single Parents," "The Kids Are Alright," "Grand Hotel," "A Million Little Things" and "The Fix."