[12/19/18 - 09:15 AM] Video: "Drunk History" Premieres Star-Studded New Trailer for Season Six The debut episode stars Evan Rachel Wood as Mary Shelley, Elijah Wood as Percy Shelley, Seth Rogen as Dr. Frankenstein, Will Ferrell as Frankenstein's Monster and Jack McBrayer as Lord Byron.
[via press release from Comedy Central]
DRUNK HISTORY SEASON 6 - OFFICIAL TRAILER
Drunk History today shared its first-look trailer for season six, which premieres Tuesday, January 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central. The premiere episode is devoted to a parody of "Are You Afraid of the Dark" called "Are You Afraid of the Drunk." The episode stars Evan Rachel Wood as Mary Shelley, Elijah Wood as Percy Shelley, Seth Rogen as Dr. Frankenstein, Will Ferrell as Frankenstein's Monster and Jack McBrayer as Lord Byron. Rich Fulcher narrated the Frankenstein themed episode. Additional trailer highlights from the new, 14-episode season include:
· Vanessa Hudgens and Rachel Bilson as sisters Marge & Helen Callaghan knocking it out of the park in their reenactment of the start of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League.
· Amandla Stenberg as Elizabeth Eckford, one of the nine African American students who were the first to attend Little Rock Central High School in 1957, also known as the Little Rock Nine.
· Alison Brie & Sugar Lyn Beard as Thea Spyer and Edith Windsor, the married couple who fought for LGBTQ rights. After Spyer's passing, Edith challenged the Defense of Marriage Act and won.
· Josh Hartnett as Joachim Neumann who rescued his girlfriend and escaped to West Germany through the "Tunnel 57" under the Berlin Wall in 1964.
· Q'orianka Kilcher as LaNada Means, a student leader at UC Berkeley who organized the Third World Strike, which ultimately led to the development of the Ethnic Studies Program.
Comedy Central is riding ratings momentum into the New Year, with 2018 ranking as the network's best year with Women 18-49 since 2014. Comedy Central registered more growth in the demo than any other non-sports network this year. Additionally, Comedy Central remains the No. 1 full day entertainment network on cable with millennial men. Drunk History is the first of four notable January launches for Comedy Central. Critically-acclaimed Corporate premieres its second season following Drunk History on January 15. Broad City returns for an epic final season on January 24, followed by the series premiere of scripted comedy The Other Two.