[08/16/21 - 11:00 AM] Video: Amazon Prime Video Releases Official Trailer for Billion-Dollar Leggings Tell-All "LuLaRich" The directors, who created the buzzy documentary "Fyre Fraud," take viewers on a deep-dive into the ups and downs of the notorious multilevel-marketing company LuLaRoe, which is known for their over-the-top leggings.
[via press release from Amazon]
Amazon Prime Video Releases Official Trailer for Billion-Dollar Leggings Tell-All "LuLaRich"
The four-part docuseries, investigating the multilevel-marketing empire, launches globally on Amazon Prime Video September 10
CULVER CITY, California - August 16, 2021 - Today, Amazon Prime Video unboxed the trailer for the eccentric docuseries LuLaRich. The directors, who created the buzzy documentary Fyre Fraud, take viewers on a deep-dive into the ups and downs of the notorious multilevel-marketing company LuLaRoe, which is known for their over-the-top leggings. The four-part docuseries features explosive interviews with co-founders DeAnne and Mark Stidham, former employees, and hard-working "independent distributors," who sought out a better life for their families - only to encounter what many allege was a full-blown pyramid scheme. All four episodes of LuLaRich will launch September 10, 2021 on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
"LuLaRich is a modern comedy of errors with important social commentary. We knew from day one that the world needed another look at this wacky MLM-turned-dumpster-fire, and think this could be the birth of a whole new doc genre... True-Comedy," said directors and executive producers Jenner Furst and Julia Willoughby Nason.
LuLaRich is a production of Amazon Studios and The Cinemart. Jenner Furst and Julia Willoughby Nason co-direct and executive produce alongside Mike Gasparro, Blye Pagon Faust, and Cori Shepherd Stern.
LuLaRich is a four-part docuseries that chronicles the unraveling of LuLaRoe. Known for their buttery-soft leggings, the infamous multilevel-marketing company went viral promising young mothers a work-from-home salvation. Capitalizing on the growing power of social media, LuLaRoe's eccentric founders recruited an army of independent retailers to peddle their increasingly bizarre and defective clothing products. Through exclusive interviews, this series unveils how it all went wrong in a spectacularly weird - and comedic - fashion.
About The Cinemart
The Cinemart, an Emmy-nominated, Peabody award-winning production company. Since 2011, the company has crafted disruptive content, television and features that examine core societal issues facing the planet. Working with Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, The Cinemart reached hundreds of millions of people, raising awareness for criminal justice reform with Time: The Kalief Browder Story and tracking the inception of BLM and the rise of Trump's America in Rest in Power: The Trayvon Martin Story.
In 2019, The Cinemart partnered with Hulu to release Fyre Fraud, a true-crime comedy about a failed music festival in the Bahamas. A stunt release authored and executed by The Cinemart broke the internet. The film became a smash hit and the stand- out storytelling garnered the company an Emmy Nomination for "Best Writing in a Documentary." The company's latest project, The Pharmacist, a docuseries about the opioid epidemic, premiered globally on Netflix on February 5th 2020 and has become a hit for the streamer.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports - all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including the Emmy Award-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, limited series The Underground Railroad, and the films Sylvie's Love and Uncle Frank; and the smash hits Coming 2 America, Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Upload, and My Spy, as well as Emmy- and Golden Globe-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Golden Globe-winner Small Axe, Academy Award-winner Sound of Metal, Golden Globe-winner and Academy Award-nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, and Academy Award-nominees One Night in Miami... and Time. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.