[08/23/21 - 09:01 AM] Video: "Maid" - Official Teaser - Netflix Based on the New York Times Best-selling memoir about one woman's incredible story of hard work, low pay, and a mother's will to survive.
[via press release from Netflix]
MAID | Official Teaser | Netflix
Based on the New York Times Best-selling memoir about one woman's incredible story of hard work, low pay, and a mother's will to survive. Starring Margaret Qualley, from the Producers of Shameless and Promising Young Woman.
Netflix's new series premieres Friday, October 1.
Quote from MAID Showrunner, Executive Producer, and Writer Molly Smith Metzler:
"When writers look to adapt material for the screen, we look for a hero. Someone who fights like hell, against all odds, to reach a goal. It's usually a title reserved for superheroes. But I found a hero in Stephanie Land's memoir, Maid. A riveting account of a single mother who leaves an abusive relationship and finds herself broke and homeless, MAID is a story about back-breaking hard work and the power of a mother's love. Our heroine in the series, Alex Russell (played by the incredible Margaret Qualley) is determined to give her daughter a better life while free-falling through a broken welfare system and cleaning houses for minimum wage. Told entirely through Alex's unfiltered and often funny POV, you're with this inspiring underdog for every moment. Every humiliation, heartbreak, triumph, and toilet brush."
Quote from Author and Executive Producer Stephanie Land:
"I wrote a book so people who struggle to get by could see themselves represented in an authentic way, and they could feel less alone. MAID, the series on Netflix that was inspired by my book, continues that legacy in ways that absolutely blow my mind."
Inspired by the New York Times best-selling memoir, Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive by Stephanie Land, MAID follows the story of Alex, a single mother who turns to housecleaning to - barely - make ends meet as she escapes an abusive relationship and overcomes homelessness to create a better life for her daughter, Maddy. Seen through the emotional yet humorous lens of a desperate but determined woman, this series is a raw and inspiring exploration of a mother's resilience.
About the Series:
· Release Date: October 1, 2021
· Episodes: 10 x 52-minute episodes
· Cast / Characters: Margaret Qualley (Alex), Nick Robinson (Sean), Anika Noni Rose (Regina), Tracy Vilar (Yolanda), Billy Burke (Hank) and Andie MacDowell (Paula). Also starring Rylea Nevaeh Whittet (Maddy), Raymond Ablack (Nate), BJ Harrison (Denise), Xavier de Guzman (Ethan), Aimee Carrero (Danielle), Toby Levins (Basil)
· Showrunner: Molly Smith Metzler
· Executive Producers: John Wells, Molly Smith Metzler, Margot Robbie, Tom Ackerley, Erin Jontow, Brett Hedblom, Stephanie Land
· Produced By: John Wells Productions, LuckyChap Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television
· Directors: John Wells (101-102, 109 -110), Nzingha Stewart (103-104), Lila Neugebauer (105), Helen Shaver (106-107), Quyen "Q" Tran (108)
· Writers: Molly Smith Metzler (101-102, 108, 110), Marcus Gardley (103, 108), Bekah Brunstetter (104, 107), Colin McKenna (105, 109), Michelle Denise Jackson (106)
· Filmed in: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
· Directors of Photography: Quyen "Q" Tran (101 - 102, 109-110), Guy Godfree (103 - 104, 106 - 107, 108), Vincent De Paula (105)
· Production Designer: Renee Read
· Costume Designer: Lyn Elizabeth Paolo (eps 101 - 102), Lorraine Carson
[09/15/21 - 10:06 AM] Video: "Queenpins" - Official Trailer - Paramount+ Inspired by a true story, "Queenpins" is an outrageous comedy about a bored and frustrated suburban homemaker, Connie (Kristen Bell) and her best pal JoJo (Kirby Howell-Baptiste), a vlogger with dreams, who turn a hobby into a multi-million dollar counterfeit coupon caper.