[11/18/21 - 09:01 AM] Video: "Bear Witness Take Action 3" - Official Trailer Join us as #YouTubeBlack Creators take the mic and share their personal stories about race, culture and everything in between.
[via press release from YouTube]
COMMON AND KEKE PALMER RETURN AS HOSTS FOR NEW INSTALLMENT OF YOUTUBE ORIGINALS "BEAR WITNESS, TAKE ACTION 3" -- A SIX-PART SPECIAL EVENT SERIES BEGINNING DECEMBER 6
ASIA JACKSON, ISSA RAE PRESENTS, JACQUES SLADE, KING OF READS,
RAYNDAY GAMING AND THE GRAPEVINE YOUTUBE CHANNELS PREMIERING SHORT FILMS AIMED TO AMPLIFY BLACK CREATORS, ARTISTS AND THEIR STORIES
DOMINIQUE JACKSON, GUAPDAD 4000, LOGAN BROWNING, SMINO, STERLING K. BROWN, TINASHE AND MORE TO BE FEATURED IN EACH SHORT FILM
LOS ANGELES, CA, NOVEMBER 18, 2021 -- YouTube Originals today announced the lineup of YouTube creators, public figures, activists, and influential voices for "Bear Witness, Take Action 3," a six-part special event series hosted by Common and Keke Palmer featuring six unique shorts with two premiering each day from December 6-8th only on YouTube.
From the #YouTubeBlack Voices Fund, the third installment will focus on issues and stories as seen through Black creators' perspectives, with bespoke content pieces around race, culture, and everything in between. Returning hosts Keke Palmer and Common will sit down with each creator to unpack their short film and help viewers understand the "what" and "why'' behind the creators' work and how they can help change the world. The specials will be featured on each creators' YouTube channels. A comprehensive version including all content with the host Q&As will be released on the YouTube Originals channel.
The programming and talent lineup includes:
· "Tracing the Trend" Presented by Asia Jackson - Premieres December 6th
· YouTube star Asia Jackson will explore hip hop culture's influence on Asian culture. She'll interview artist Guapdad 4000 and experts Sophia Chang and Danyel Smith to analyze the origins of popular hip hop trends across music and fashion in an attempt to give credit where credit is due.
· "What Say What?!" Presented by Hoorae on Issa Rae Presents - Premieres December 7th
· Hosted by comedian Teddy Ray, "What Say What?!" will give his featured artist, Smino, a platform to speak his mind...and his lyrics. No bright lights on a big stage. Everything is stripped down to its core... the set, the music, and the artist... leaving room for the artists to invite their fans into their world like never before.
· "Sole Swap with Jacques Slade" Presented by Jacques Slade - Premieres December 8th
· Jacques Slade, one of the most well-known and respected voices in the world of sneakers, leaves his collection behind to step into the shoes of the world's most engaging personalities. For this episode, we meet with musical artist and burgeoning activist, Tinashe. Through the lens of this day in the life experience, Jacques will find out what it takes for her to keep creative control over her art, address her fears head on, and live her life as an advocate for social justice.
· "HIV: Living Positively" Presented by King of Reads - Premieres December 7th
· Justin James invites viewers to hear what it means to be a Black, queer person living with HIV by hosting a roundtable discussion with other members of the community: Dominique Jackson, George M. Johnson Byron Jamal, Chef M, Marnina Miller and Kia LaBeija. By listening to their stories, James will highlight the importance of so many who haven't been able to do the same because of barriers to care, shame and stigma.
· "Super Zeroes" Presented by Raynday Gaming - Premieres December 6th
· Narrated by three-time Emmy winner Sterling K. Brown, this animated short seeks to champion diversity by showing the power of a marginalized group of mislabeled misfits a.k.a., The Super Zeros. Set in a place far, far away, yet not much different than our world, this story is about a special group of unlikely heroes who, despite all odds, decide to take on a formidable foe.
· "If I Ruled the World" Presented by The Grapevine - Premieres December 8th
· The Grapevine hosts, Ashley Akunna and Donovan Thompson, invite actor Logan Browning (Dear White People) and Dr. Mariel Buqué to discuss the state of society and what it could look like if we dared to imagine a better version of the world. This utopia will appear on screen via animation which gives the guest and YouTube an incredible opportunity to paint the picture of a more positive Earth that could come about through activism, change, and a revolution of the mind and spirit.
"Bear Witness, Take Action 3" is handing the mic to Black creators to each explore a topic related to the diversity of Black life and culture. For each project, creators have been provided with funding and assigned a production partner to help execute their collective vision and showcase the uniqueness behind each creator. The first two installments of "Bear Witness, Take Action" premiered in 2020, and the special was the first project to come from the #YouTubeBlack Voices Fund dedicated to amplifying and developing the voices of Black creators and artists and their stories. This global fund will be used to acquire and produce YouTube Originals programming, and to directly support Black creators and artists to help them thrive on YouTube.
"Bear Witness, Take Action 3" is produced by Hoorae Media and Fly On The Wall. Susanne Daniels is Global Head of Original Content for YouTube. Alex Piper is Head of Unscripted for YouTube Originals. Margaret Burris, Nicole Emanuele, Amanda Olszewski and Sam Burwell from the YouTube Originals development team will oversee the project for the global platform.
This special event series continues YouTube's commitment to bringing exceptional content focused on racial justice to viewers around the world, including "Onyx Family Dinner," a series gathering the multi-generational Onyx family for open conversations about life and what's going on in the world over dinner; "The Outsiders," untold stories of young Black visionaries shaping our future; "I Promise," a story of resilience in the face of adversity that shares a new model for urban, public education; "Recipe for Change," a celebration of global Asian and Pacific Islander culture featuring Michelle Kwan, Olivia Munn, and Jay Shetty; "Barbershop Medicine," which aims to put the "public" back in Public Health and explore the impact race and socioeconomic status have on healthcare and longevity; and "Resist," a documentary series from Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors.
About YouTube Originals:
YouTube Originals are award-winning series, specials and livestream events for YouTube's two billion active monthly users that entertain, inspire, connect, and educate audiences through authentic storytelling from YouTube creators, music artists and celebrities. By tapping into the platform's growing global community, fan engagement product capabilities, and innovative content, YouTube Originals amplify the most popular and unique aspects of YouTube. Fans can experience YouTube Originals content for free through the standard YouTube platform (ad-supported), or through a paid subscription to YouTube Premium, which adds ad-free, bonus/exclusive content, and early binge access to select programming. YouTube Originals are available in over 100 countries worldwide. Keep up with the latest YouTube news by visiting the global platform's official blog at https://blog.youtube/.
About Hoorae Media:
Hoorae Media is a production company that produces content starring and produced by Issa Rae as well as projects that push culture and conversation. The company currently has a deal with Warner Media for film, television & digital. Upcoming projects include Insecure: S5, Rap Sh*t, and Sweet Life.
About Fly On The Wall Entertainment:
Fly on the Wall Entertainment, co-founded by Emmy Award winning producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, has produced successful and critically acclaimed unscripted series and specials, totaling over 10,000 hours of live and taped programming including 22 seasons of the global phenomenon, Big Brother. The company has also become a leader in live event and live stream programming with groundbreaking shows like Katy Perry Live: Witness World Wide, Will Smith: The Jump, Lover's Lounge with Taylor Swift, Bear Witness, Take Action, Facebook's Vote-A-Thon, A Day In The Live Wizkid, The Creator Games with Mr. Beast, and it's sequel which set YouTube's record with 1 million concurrent viewers.