THE PROCESS OF THE MAKEOVER OF THE ELCANO FAMILY
HOME IN BAKERSFIELD, CALIFORNIA, IS THE SUBJECT OF
"EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION -- HOW'D THEY DO THAT?,"
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition -- How'd They Do That? Elcano Family" -- The producers of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" literally open every door to show how Ty Pennington and his team of designers, workers and contractors are able to change the lives of deserving families, as they rebuild the entire interior and exterior of a run-down house in just seven days. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" How'd They Do That?" will air MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
On Sunday, February 6, viewers will witness how the EM:HE team rebuilt and upgraded a farm and a house in Bakersfield, California for a widow, Jennifer Elcano, and her two young children, Michael, 11, and six-year-old Ashley. Jennifer lost her husband, Glen, in a tragic car accident in 2004. Jennifer and the kids were barely managing the farm on their own and had little time to make repairs to their small 100-year-old farmhouse.
The process of their particular makeover is the subject of this episode of "Extreme Makeover: How'd They Do That?" As with all of the intense remodeling projects the show undertakes, there is a great deal that goes on that does not make it into the final broadcast. Now viewers can see all of that and more, including:
* The story behind how Ty made a functional and stylish office from which Jennifer can run her farm.
* How Todd Sweeney, a painter, and his identical twin, contractor Brian Sweeney, create a little bit of mischief as they keep the designers from telling them apart.
* The never-before-seen fantasy backyard for the youngsters.
* How Paul DiMeo and Jennifer's mother-in-law, "Grandma Diane" - who is also a neighbor -- work on putting together an animal pen for the geese and chickens.
* How Paul's spider bite worries him, but then he turns his concern into a little bit of fun as he wonders when his "Spiderman" powers will kick in.
The design team for this episode of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" How'd They Do That?" consists of Ty Pennington, Paul DiMeo, Tracy Hutson, Constance Ramos and Preston Sharp. The show is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman and the co-executive producer of this episode is Michael Maloy.
This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.