IT'S PART ONE OF A BLOCKBUSTER TWO-HOUR "EXTREME MAKEOVER"
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS! RAY KRONE, EXONERATED FORMER DEATH ROW
INMATE NICKNAMED "THE SNAGGLE TOOTH KILLER," IS RESTORED STOLEN
TIME, PLUS CATCH THE SHOW'S FIRST EVER MOTHER AND DAUGHTER
MAKEOVER, ON ABC'S "EXTREME MAKEOVER," THURSDAY, FEB. 10
"Episode 313" - "Extreme Makeover" grants a second lease on life to lucky individuals by offering the makeover of their dreams: Ray Krone of Dover, PA, former death row inmate known as "the snaggle tooth killer" who was wrongly accused of murder, plus the first ever mother-daughter "Extreme Makeover" - Yvonne Carter and Stephanie DeLaCerda -- on "Extreme Makeover," THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Editors please note: This episode was originally scheduled as a two-hour show. Ray Krone's story is now told over two episodes, 313 and 314, running seamlessly back-to-back (314 airs from 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET). Please also note the correction in this release: The line, "In fact, the actual killer confessed to the crime" has been omitted. According to news reports, another man has confessed and is charged with the crime.
Ray Krone was living a happy life as an Air Force veteran and mailman in Arizona when, out of nowhere, his life took an ugly turn. At the age of 37, he was wrongfully convicted and sentenced to death for a murder he did not commit. He was forced to spend ten years in prison, two of which were on death row. Even though Ray was innocent and had an alibi, he was arrested for the murder of a woman who happened to be at the same bar he frequented. Ray felt confident during his trial that the jury would find him innocent. But he was wrongfully convicted, and was labeled "the snaggle tooth killer" because his teeth appeared to match the bite marks on the victim's body. While Ray was in jail, he never gave up hope and studied law while his family kept appealing the conviction. After 10 long years, re-examination of the DNA evidence unequivocally proved Ray's innocence which made him the 100th person exonerated for a murder conviction. Since his release, Ray has become a motivational public speaker and travels the country to educate people about his experiences. After being robbed of 10 years of his life, he is extremely unhappy with his appearance, as he has aged immensely with the stress and pain of the last decade. See part 1 of Ray's incredible journey as "Extreme Makeover" attempts to decriminalize his looks to remove once and for all the pain he feels when he looks into the mirror and sees "the sniggle tooth killer."
Then, it's the show's first-ever mother-daughter makeover when Yvonne Carter, a 46-year-old dispatcher/deputy for the County Sheriff in Anahuac, Texas and her 21-year-old daughter, Stephanie DeLaCerda of Houston, have their makeover wishes come true. In addition, actress Lisa Rinna makes a cameo appearance when Stephanie visits her boutique, and vogue diva Willie Ninja ("Paris is Burning") teaches Stephanie how to strut her stuff at the reveal, just as he's taught stars from Madonna to Paris Hilton.
Yvonne's procedures included rhinoplasty, brow lift, cheek lift, face lift, lower eyelid lift, tummy tuck with liposuction, Brazilian butt lift, LASIK eye surgery, Inman aligners, eight da Vinci porcelain veneers, one permanent bridge and Zoom whitening.
Stephanie's procedures included rhinoplasty, brow lift, breast augmentation, liposuction of abdomen and chin, LASIK eye surgery, Inman aligners, eight da Vinci porcelain veneers and Zoom whitening.
Yvonne and Stephanie's "Extreme Team" included:
* Dr. Anthony Griffin, a prominent board-certified plastic surgeon, considered one of the foremost authorities on plastic surgery for African-Americans and ethnic skin types
* Dentist Dennis J. Wells, included in the 2004 Best Dentists in America
* Dr. Robert Maloney, considered one of the 10 best LASIK surgeons in the world, who has performed LASIK surgery on such celebrities as Cindy Crawford and Barry Manilow
* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura , who has served as celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV's "Movie House" and the OsbournesBR>
* Master body sculptor and rapid weight-loss expert Michael Thurmond, who trains various red-carpet celebrities
* Hair stylist Guy Riggio Sally Hershberger at John Frieda
* Colorist Kim Vo of B2V Salon
* Makeup Artist Darcy Gilmore
* Eyebrows by Anastasia of Anastasia Beverly Hills
* As per Michael Thurmond's customized diet regimens, gourmet custom meals are provided by Sally Ann Catering
"Extreme Makeover" is produced by New Screen Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment. Chuck Bangert, Lou Gorfain and Howard Schultz are the executive producers. Julie Laughlin is co- executive producer.
This program carries a TV-14 parental guideline.