WITNESS THE STUNNING TRANSORMATION OF RAY KRONE -- AN INNOCENT MAN NICKNAMED "THE SNAGGLE TOOTH KILLER" WHO WAS WRONGLY ACCUSED OF
MURDER -- ON ABC'S "EXTREME MAKEOVER," THURSDAY, FEB 10
Plus, Catch the Amazing Mini-Makeovers of Four Real-Life
"Desperate Housewives" of Wisteria Lane
"Episode 314" - Witness the stunning transformations of Ray Krone of Dover, PA, the former death row inmate known as "the snaggle tooth killer" who was wrongly accused of murder, and real-life "desperate housewives" Paige Stark, Marissa Kirk-Hill, Cheryl Brown and Kelly Ellis who live on Wisteria Lane in Santa Rosa, CA, on "Extreme Makeover," THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 10 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Editors please note: The line, "In fact, the actual killer confessed to the crime" has been omitted. According to news reports, another man has confessed and is charged with the crime.
In "Episode 313," part 1 of Ray Krone's story was told. Ray was wrongfully convicted of murder and labeled "the snaggle tooth killer" because his teeth appeared to match the bite marks on a homicide victim. An innocent man, he was sentenced to death row. While Ray was in jail, he studied law while his family kept appealing the conviction. After 10 long years, re-examination of the DNA evidence unequivocally proved Ray's innocence which made him the 100th person exonerated for a murder conviction. Since his release, Ray has become a motivational public speaker and travels the country to educate people about his experiences. After being robbed of 10 years of his life, Ray is unhappy with his appearance, as he has aged immensely. Tonight, witness how "Extreme Makeover" decriminalizes his looks and banishes "the snaggle tooth killer" forever.
Ray's procedures included rhinoplasty, brow lift, upper and lower eyelid lift, liposuction of chin, laser resurfacing, acne scar excision, hair transplant, hair restoration, LASIK eye surgery, Fotofacial, polaris treatment, sonopeel, sonofacial, oxygen facial, Smoothbeam laser, filler to acne scars and nasal labial folds, muscle relaxer to forehead, four extractions, four permanent implants, 17 da Vinci porcelain crowns and veneers, and Zoom whitening.
Ray's "Extreme Team" included:
* Dr. Anthony Griffin, a prominent board-certified plastic surgeon, considered one of the foremost authorities on plastic surgery for African-Americans and ethnic skin types
* Dentist Dr. William Dorfman, one of the pioneers of tooth whitening. Celebrity clientele includes Matthew Perry, Usher, Ali Landry, Brooke Burke and Melissa Joan Hart
* Periodontist Jeffrey Ganeles, creator of TeethToday
* Dr. Robert Maloney, considered one of the 10 best LASIK surgeons in the world, who has performed LASIK surgery on such celebrities as Cindy Crawford and Barry Manilow
* Dermatologist Ava T. Shamban, owner and director of the Laser Institute for Dermatology in Santa Monica
* Dermatologist Dr. Patrick Bitter, Jr., developer of the FotoFacial, FotoLift and SmoothLift procedures
* Hair transplant by Craig L. Ziering, D.O.
* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura , who has served as celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV's "Movie House" and the Osbournes
* Master body sculptor and rapid weight-loss expert Michael Thurmond, who trains various red-carpet celebrities
* Hairstylist/Restorationist Piny Benzaken
* Colorist Kim Vo of B2V Salon
* As per Michael Thurmond's customized diet regimens, gourmet custom meals are provided by Sally Ann Catering
And Sam Saboura makes a mini-makeover house call to four real-life "desperate housewives" of Wisteria Lane. Living on a street with the same name as that in the famed neighborhood of ABC's television phenomenon, "Desperate Housewives," these women, as in the TV show, are good friends and neighbors. But while their TV counterparts are sexy, these four women's lives and looks have been anything but. Paige, a 30-year-old single mother and Sonoma County Housing Authority clerk, lives for her 6-1/2-year-old son, Chaise, but is desperately seeking love again and would like to remarry. Marissa, a hard wrking, 27-year-old hair stylist and mother, co-runs a salon with her own mother but is desperate to be as pampered as her customers and family. Cheryl, a fun loving 44-year-old mother and bookkeeper, has "desperately dated hair," having sported a dark purple mullet haircut for 25 years. Kelly, a 45-year-old mother and the daughter of Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney, is "desperate to be sexy" for herself and husband David. When Sam and the extreme team are done with their hair/wardrobe/makeup transformations, these four housewives will be desperate no more.
"Extreme Makeover" is produced by New Screen Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment. Chuck Bangert, Lou Gorfain and Howard Schultz are the executive producers. Julie Laughlin is co- executive producer.
This program carries a TV-14 parental guideline.